Popular Tags: [View All]
Ryan Metzler
United States
Glendale
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
"Are you pondering what I'm pondering Pinky?"
badge
"Wuhhh... I think so, Brain, but if a ham can operate a radio, why can't a pig set a VCR?"
mbmbmbmbmb
After having played Crokinole for the first time at the Fire & Ice Con here in Wisconsin in February, I just knew I had to have the game. I hemmed and hawed, placed a pre-order for a Mayday board, and went about my ways.

After a few unfortunate setbacks from Mayday, I changed my mind (not to say you Mayday folks wont have a great board coming!), and decided I'd rather have my money back and save it up for a product that had a great reputation.

That said, last thursday I finalized the order for my first Hilinski board! It will combine aspects of the Fenimore and another board (the name is slipping memory, but it has a nice medium brown/red stain. I'm excited...now to play the waiting game!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan M
United States
Austin
TX
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Grats. You won't be disappointed, one of the best decisions in gaming I've ever made.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Swood
United States
Stamford
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thumb for including the words "my first".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Rudram
Canada
Victoria
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They just got my money as well for a board, which I'm getting custom painted by their artist friend Penny Hauffe. Will share photos once I get it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Metzler
United States
Glendale
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
"Wuhhh... I think so, Brain, but if a ham can operate a radio, why can't a pig set a VCR?"
mbmbmbmbmb
Odinsday wrote:
They just got my money as well for a board, which I'm getting custom painted by their artist friend Penny Hauffe. Will share photos once I get it.

The "premium" boards just weren't feasible on my limited budget. Hell, the standard boards weren't really feasible...but to hell with savings!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cody Walker
United States
Bastrop
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Welcome to the club! I am currently thinking about what my second board will look like...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Metzler
United States
Glendale
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There is a club? Do i get a membership card? What are the benefits!?!?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Springer
United States
Bellevue
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The benefits are that you get to play Crokinole.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Metzler
United States
Glendale
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
UvulaBob wrote:
The benefits are that you get to play Crokinole.

Count me in!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Rudram
Canada
Victoria
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
slaqr wrote:
Odinsday wrote:

The "premium" boards just weren't feasible on my limited budget. Hell, the standard boards weren't really feasible...but to hell with savings!

No worries... it was a case of that or a new TV for my condo, and decided that a nice piece of art I'd use was a better choice than a gogglebox. The Wings can win in lo-def for another year, I'm sure (and the Lions can lose in Lo-def for another year...)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Metzler
United States
Glendale
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Odinsday wrote:
slaqr wrote:
Odinsday wrote:

No worries... it was a case of that or a new TV for my condo, and decided that a nice piece of art I'd use was a better choice than a gogglebox. The Wings can win in lo-def for another year, I'm sure (and the Lions can lose in Lo-def for another year...)

As far as I'm concerned, the Lions should lose in-def-initely in Any-def. Anyhow, how soon till you get your board? I'm just sitting here counting the days, of which there are still FAR too many remaining.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Rudram
Canada
Victoria
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Not sure, board is with Penny being painted. Not too bothered how long it takes, as it'll be a surprise when I get the update.

Are you a Cheesehead?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Metzler
United States
Glendale
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Odinsday wrote:
Not sure, board is with Penny being painted. Not too bothered how long it takes, as it'll be a surprise when I get the update.

Are you a Cheesehead?

You betcha eh! South eastern wisconsin represent! Why do you ask?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Springer
United States
Bellevue
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Get a room, you two! arrrh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Rudram
Canada
Victoria
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just curious who'd be having a pop at the Lolions.

Board is now back with the Hilinski crew.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Metzler
United States
Glendale
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Odinsday wrote:

Well, looks like mine got finished a little early. Pic from Carl arrived yesterday, its paid for, and will be shipping soon!

Here it is! Dark Passage:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Robben
United States
Spring Hill
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
slaqr wrote:
Odinsday wrote:

Well, looks like mine got finished a little early. Pic from Carl arrived yesterday, its paid for, and will be shipping soon!

Here it is! Dark Passage:

Wow! Your board is gorgeous!

I am eagerly anticipating my board, Queen of Day, which I am hoping arrives next week!

Here's a pic; I am so excited!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Metzler
United States
Glendale
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Your board looks great! My tracking # is claiming a Tuesday delivery!!! So hard to wait two days!

Update:

Well its here! Pic of it in play!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.