Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Anselmo Diaz
United Kingdom
Crawley
West Sussex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The last 2 games I've bought I've enjoyed inmensely.
Warhammer:Invasion and Claustrophobia (this one I haven't played as much, but very solid so far).

Can anyone tell me of another game worthy to be in my hoard? Though I like complex games, they rarely never hit the table. cry so I'm looking for a good-looking game, with nice rules and gamelength of ~1 hour (or 1 1/2 h).

Cheers!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Big Kat
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
First one that came to mind was Neuroshima Hex!.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Gong
United States
Bayside
New York
flag msg tools
mb
Sounds like you a are an Ameritrasher so I would recommend Descent and the Road to Legend expansion if you have at least two other people to play with.

For 2P only, Horus Heresy

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anselmo Diaz
United Kingdom
Crawley
West Sussex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jgong101 wrote:
Sounds like you a are an Ameritrasher so I would recommend Descent and the Road to Legend expansion if you have at least two other people to play with.

Aren't these too long?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve E.
United States
Berkeley
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You might wanna check out Chaos in the Old World. Seems like it would fit the bill.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anselmo Diaz
United Kingdom
Crawley
West Sussex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1copse wrote:
You might wanna check out Chaos in the Old World. Seems like it would fit the bill.

I own it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anselmo Diaz
United Kingdom
Crawley
West Sussex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What about Catacombs? It seems a nice game (a bit basic on the illustrations side).
Anyone can shed light on this? Is it replayable? I've read the most interesting character is the wizard. Are the other characters comparatively boring?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Big Kat
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you like flicking games (which I do) Catacombs is good. Kind of nice to have a flicking game with a theme. I haven't played it a whole lot, but it seems pretty replayable (but I think that about all of my flicking games). The other characters don't have as many options, but they're still fun. The barbarian guy has a rage attack that lets you clobber a bunch of guys in one turn. The thief can get a cloak of invisibility. The elf has arrows and can get an item that lets her do a regular shot before she shoots the arrows.

Another new game that you could check out is Cyclades.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Bradley
United Kingdom
Haverhill
Suffolk
flag msg tools
badge
The best things in life aren't things.
mbmbmbmbmb
You vould do a lot worse than buying Catan.

3-4 players (there is a 2p variant but I haven't tried it), 60-90 mins play time and it's a deserved classic.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Planescape
United States
Eugene
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmb
World of Warcraft miniatures

The game is expensive, but you can do what I did and only buy the deluxe starter and the original starter. Then you just print out and make proxies of all the cards (character, action, equipment) using sleeves and a printer.

Now anyone can make any and all combination available. The game is very open for variants and "team" games.

--

If you are looking for a awesome 2 player game get Lord of the Rings: The Confrontation Deluxe Edition. Nothing quite like it, even though people say its similar to stratego this game kills it.

--

I just got Thunderstone because I love Dominion but I think both of these games would be right up your alley.

--

I also second Settlers, I have not played the expansions but the original is a awesome game.

====

Oh, and all these games run fairly quick with easy to read/understand rules and lots of strategy/tactics. (Well if you download the new Thunderstone rulebook here on BGG).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob the Hobbit
Estonia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Echtalion wrote:
jgong101 wrote:

Aren't these too long?

Descent WITHOUT the RtL would make much more sense, probably still a little longer than you like (2 hours? -- depends a lot on the map and the players).

My best bet would be getting a lot of Magic: The Gathering commons and a couple of pre-built decks. You can play several times within 1 hour and alter the decks between plays.

Something else that might work or not is The Three Musketeers: The Queen's Pendants.

A number of games in Fantasy Flight's Silver Line might also fit: Citadels (however, chance for the game to drag depending on playstyle), Condottiere, Drakon (third edition).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.