Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Goo
United States
Yorba Linda
California
flag msg tools
badge
I have become my own island state. A ravaged, war-torn land where nothing grows and the horizons are bleak.
mb
Maintenance Dose II: Basic 9er

I need a constant dose of regular werewolf. I like to see basic games with this set going at all times. I prefer to play myself, I'll mod just to keep the action going.

Game will start when full and will not run over the weekend.
Dusk will be at 4:00pm BGG.
Dawn will be at 5:00pm BGG.

TEAM GOOD

Seer - Each night receives a vision of a target player and learns whether that player is "Wolf" or "not Wolf." The Seer receives a random negative view on Night 0 (N0). Thereafter, the Seer chooses which player to view.

Priest - Each night, chooses one dead player to learn their role.

Hunter - Defies parity. If only two players remain in the game and the hunter is one of those players, then the good team wins even if the other player is a werewolf.

3 Villagers - Ordinary villagers with no special powers.

TEAM EVIL

2 Werewolves - Share a private chat with each other. Each night the wolves choose one target player to kill. There is no kill on N0.

Sorcerer - Does not knows the identity of the wolves. Each night receives a vision of a target player and learns whether that player is "Seer" or "not Seer." The Sorcerer receives a random negative view on Night 0 (N0). Thereafter, the Sorcerer chooses which player to view. Wins with the wolves even if dead. Counts as good for parity.

Victory Conditions

There is no individual victory. You win if your team wins, whether you survive or not.

The village/good team wins:
When both wolves are dead.

The werewolf/evil team wins:
When the number of living werewolves equals (or exceeds) the number of all other players.

Sequence of Play

The sequence of play lasts one full day, starting when I post [dawn]. At that point, discussion begins and the village will try to find the evil wolves.

Dusk will fall at 4:00pm BGG time (central). At that time, whoever has the most votes will be lynched and the vote count will be reset to zero.

Players are permitted to post in the forum at night without restriction.

During the night, the wolves will submit a Night Kill order for one player. The seer and sorcerer will submit their night orders. All orders are to be submitted to me in Cassandra Chat. It is located on the Cassandra Game page for this game by clicking on "Cassandra Communication System":

At 5:00pm BGG time (central), I will reveal who was killed. The seer will receive their view results. Then [dawn] will be posted which begins a new day of voting.

Voting

Votes are cast using player's names in brackets, bolded. Like this:
[vote Goo]

The name is not case sensitive and can sometimes be shortened. Be sure to watch for the Vote Tally to make sure you vote was recorded properly.

You can remove your vote similarly:
[unvote Goo] or [unvote all]

You do not need to unvote to change your vote. Simply submit the new vote.

Here is a general primer on Werewolf on BGG with good resource links:
http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/118282

We currently do not have a formal definitive list of "unwritten rules" and etiquette, but here are some general guidelines:

- Do not attempt to play the same game under more than one name.
- Do not bring outside influences into the game - this includes threats, bribes, wagers, promises, alliances, etc.
- Do not talk outside the game thread about an ongoing game except where allowed to do so by your role. Likewise, do not use code or secret messages--this equates to discussion outside the thread.
- Do not edit/delete posts.
- Do not quote communications from Cassie chatrooms. Paraphrasing is usually okay.
- Do not talk after you are dead or replaced. Some moderators do allow contentless "Bah!" posts which should have zombie emoticons. You should never reveal information once you are dead.
- Play to win the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cassandra Project
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Player List According to Cassandra:
Guenhwyvhar
jageroxorz
Kaldar
Khellros
lvoverride
Moozers
Spud
SuperChutney
SybotCB

9 players are signed up.

To sign up for this game go to
http://www.thecassandraproject.org/jeremy/werewolf/game/5175...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magnus Josefsson
Sweden
Gävle
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmb
I just signed up on Cassandra.

Thanks Goo!
Hope this fills up quickly, I really feel like playing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jage
United States
Greensboro
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just signed up on Cassandra.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared Lock
Singapore
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll love to play, but dusk is at 5am for me

Goo, there seems to be a problem in your rules. I assume the presence of a priest implies no role reveal, but your rules say there there is.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Smell the Spud
United States
Ridgefield
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ugabuga.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Key: Totally Bouse
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No wolf pleaz.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Give me wolf or give me liberty! I've been away for quite some time, and it's high time I get back into the swing of things (although we'll see how far that goes, since I just moved and started two new jobs). Worst I can do is try, right?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Goo
United States
Yorba Linda
California
flag msg tools
badge
I have become my own island state. A ravaged, war-torn land where nothing grows and the horizons are bleak.
mb
thyren wrote:
I'll love to play, but dusk is at 5am for me

Goo, there seems to be a problem in your rules. I assume the presence of a priest implies no role reveal, but your rules say there there is.

Fixed.

No role reveal on death.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Goo
United States
Yorba Linda
California
flag msg tools
badge
mb
I've been going back and forth on this and even soliciting some opinions from a few people.

I am torn as to whether the sorcerer could view one of the wolves as his random negative N0 view.

On one hand, I think the sorcerer is viewing only for seer, so anyone who is not a seer is fair game. The 9er automod is set up this way.

I don't think I've played this 9er set myself, but rumor on the street is that it might slightly favor good. If that's the case, I think eliminating the wolves from possible sorcerer N0 views is the way to go. I mean, if the sorcerer views a wolf as his negative N0, that kind of sucks for him (though he won't know it yet). It also lets the sorcerer know that the N0 viewed player is not one of his wolves.

Either way, I want the decision to be public knowledge. If the sorcerer knows his N0 view is not a wolf, the village should know that as well.

Avin made a good point about this in that making certain the N0 view is not a wolf could backfire on team evil if the sorcerer reveals his N0 view at any time in the game, because that player is a cleared player. So, if the sorcerer is getting lynched, he cannot snipe reveal his views to the wolves because he would be clearing a player (though if it's a few days in, he does not have to list the order they were viewed).

My inclination right now is to eliminate the wolves from the possible N0 view.

Anyone have any strong feelings on this? I will announce the final decision before the game actually starts (which, I was hoping would be today--we only need 2 more).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Wilson
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
FWIW, I'd say the sorc should get a random view from all the non-seers, wolves included.

The small number of villagers in this game can favour good, especially if they get eliminated early, but the lack of regular role reveal probably addresses this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that Avin's point is backwards; I think that the Sorceror having a guaranteed good player as his first view tips it for the Evil team, not the Good team.

Just picture the Seer battle that is bound to happen. Both Seer and Sorceror would have cleared good players as bargaining points, and everyone would know this. Seer doesn't hit a wolf, gets either Sorceror or other Villagers. Sorceror gets a person on the good team. Sorceror claims Seer and says Player X is good (which he/she is) and Seer counterclaims with another player who is also potentially good. Makes ferreting out the real Seer more difficult, but also adds a lot more FUD for the Evil team.

I think it's in Evil's favor.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Goo
United States
Yorba Linda
California
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Guenhwyvhar wrote:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that Avin's point is backwards; I think that the Sorceror having a guaranteed good player as his first view tips it for the Evil team, not the Good team.

Just picture the Seer battle that is bound to happen. Both Seer and Sorceror would have cleared good players as bargaining points, and everyone would know this. Seer doesn't hit a wolf, gets either Sorceror or other Villagers. Sorceror gets a person on the good team. Sorceror claims Seer and says Player X is good (which he/she is) and Seer counterclaims with another player who is also potentially good. Makes ferreting out the real Seer more difficult, but also adds a lot more FUD for the Evil team.

Avin's point was more along the lines if the sorcerer is somehow forced to claim D1 and reveals his true N0 view thereby clearing a player. It's most likely a poor move by the sorcerer.

And I wouldn't be so sure that the seer/sorcerer battle is inevitable in this set. I think the sorcerer could do some damage by false claiming priest. Since it's not a passive priest (where the priest's death stops role reveal), once one of the priest claimant's die, you still don't know which one is true. A sorcerer who pulls off a successful priest claim could run the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Room for one more
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Guenhwyvhar wrote:

It also completely clears both the seer and the sorc's n0 views. That means that given a seer reveal d2 as is custom for 9ers, if we assume that the sorc revealed his true views when countering, we come out of it with two people we won't lynch and two seer views, which is better than one person we won't lynch and two seer views, which is what we would have if the seer had revealed alone.

Now, knowing that, I think that the sorc can manipulate the village because it is a given and thus it does not become a known. For instance, how much do you need to tell the wolves that A is not the seer when B and C are already locked in a counter-claim war.

Early forced claims will be impaired, but if the sorc is having to make an early forced claim, evil is already going to be impaired. It'll make the situation worse, but the sorc can easily over come that if claiming sorc by saying something to the effect of, "My n0 is one above the second alphabetical order wolf", and the sorc could, if being careful not to leave hints that could lead back to the wolves, get the info out without telling the goods, essentially.

Edit: Wrong ruleset in mind. Sorc doesn't know wolves in this version? Screw that, just give them not a seer. I can understand the one where the sorc knows the wolves, but seriously? Why wouldn't the sorc possibly get wolves as his view?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Goo
United States
Yorba Linda
California
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Kaldar wrote:
Guenhwyvhar wrote:

It also completely clears both the seer and the sorc's n0 views. That means that given a seer reveal d2 as is custom for 9ers, if we assume that the sorc revealed his true views when countering, we come out of it with two people we won't lynch and two seer views, which is better than one person we won't lynch and two seer views, which is what we would have if the seer had revealed alone.

Now, knowing that, I think that the sorc can manipulate the village because it is a given and thus it does not become a known. For instance, how much do you need to tell the wolves that A is not the seer when B and C are already locked in a counter-claim war.

Early forced claims will be impaired, but if the sorc is having to make an early forced claim, evil is already going to be impaired. It'll make the situation worse, but the sorc can easily over come that if claiming sorc by saying something to the effect of, "My n0 is one above the second alphabetical order wolf", and the sorc could, if being careful not to leave hints that could lead back to the wolves, get the info out without telling the goods, essentially.

Edit: Wrong ruleset in mind. Sorc doesn't know wolves in this version? Screw that, just give them not a seer. I can understand the one where the sorc knows the wolves, but seriously? Why wouldn't the sorc possibly get wolves as his view?

The first part I bolded is why the ruling needs to be publicly known.

The second part I bolded is really what is governing my inclination right now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Goo
United States
Yorba Linda
California
flag msg tools
badge
mb
One more and I light this candle and we lynch tomorrow.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Room for one more
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
lvoverride wrote:
No wolf pleaz.

Mason please.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris B
United States
Oxford
Mississippi
flag msg tools
Hotty Toddy Rebels!
badge
Lets go Blues!
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in. Let's go, go and lynch Kalder!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Room for one more
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
SybotCB wrote:

Sybot! Good to game with you again.

Now, let's lynch someone else. Where's the duck when you need him?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Room for one more
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I don't understand why this hasn't started yet and why I don't have 3 love votes on me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris B
United States
Oxford
Mississippi
flag msg tools
Hotty Toddy Rebels!
badge
Lets go Blues!
mbmbmbmbmb
Kaldar wrote:
SybotCB wrote:

Sybot! Good to game with you again.

Now, let's lynch someone else. Where's the duck when you need him?

Yeah, even though we haven't gotten our roles yet, I have it on good authority that you might be a werewolf, though if Snaak was in this game, it would have to be him!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cassandra Project
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Cassandra Automatic Vote Tally System

Your Moderator has enabled the Cassandra Automatic Vote Tally system
for this game. In order for it to function correctly, your votes will
need to be formatted correctly. The following rules will explain what
you will need to do:

Players
1. All votes must be bolded

2. The entire vote statement must be bolded and enclosed in bracekts: [vote jmilum]

3. Only one vote per post.

4. If you [vote nightfall] your vote will be locked (voting
nightfall is allowed in the same post as a vote for a player, but it
must come after it, this does not violate Rule #3)

5. Vote tallies will be automatically posted to the game thread hourly
if the tally has changed. The Tally and Vote Logs (for each game day)
are also available on the Cassandra game page.

6. If your vote is not counted be sure to check the Vote Log page and
see if it was marked invalid and why.

7. Case does not matter and simple typos will not cause the vote to fail.

8. You may [vote no lynch] if your game allows it.

9. Non voting players will be listed in the tallies. This will only be
correct if the Moderator notes which players have been killed (see below)

10. Editing a vote post will invalidate the vote and it will not be counted.

Moderators
1. The moderator will need to post [Dawn] when the day begins
(after the night results are posted) and [Dusk] when the lynch
deadline has passed and the day is over. Votes will not be counted
after [Dusk] has been posted. They will be registered again
after [Dawn] is next posted.

2. You may include a day number in the dawn and dusk post for
informational purposes, but it will not be used by the system.
Cassandra will increment an internal counter each time it sees
[Dawn] no matter what day is shown in a dawn post (i.e.
[Dawn 3] the three is allowed but ignored)

3. After dusk has been posted, the Moderator may go to the game page
on Cassandra to request a Final Tally to be posted before the normal
scan period has elapsed (i.e. Game Y gets scanned at 45 min. after the
hour, if it lynches at 7pm the moderator may request a tally to be
posted from the game page before 7:45pm. it will also be posted
regardless of whether or not it has been changed since the last
posting) - Do this by clicking on the 'Retrieve Final Lynch Time Vote' link.

4. You will need to note which players were killed via the lynch or at night by
either posting [killed jmilum] in the thread, or by going to the game
page and editing the player list. When posting in the thread, be sure to post
[dusk] before posting the lynch kill, and post [dawn] before
posting the night kill.
Example:
A. lynch time has passed so post [dusk]
B. goto the game page and select a final tally to be posted
C. check the final tally and post [killed melsana]
D. after the night deadline has passed post [dawn]
E. post the night kill with [killed kima]

Your Moderator has chosen to use the Longest Held Last Vote method for a tiebreaker - This is just for Cassandra system, and there may be a different tiebreaker specified by your Moderator in the ruleset.

Vote Log Page: http://www.thecassandraproject.org/jeremy/werewolf/game/5175...
Vote Tally Page: http://www.thecassandraproject.org/jeremy/werewolf/game/5175...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Goo
United States
Yorba Linda
California
flag msg tools
badge
mb
[dawn]

I decided that the sorcerer's N0 view could be anybody who is not the seer.

First lynch is Thursday at 4:00pm BGG.

Good luck!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Room for one more
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I really should be working on a paper so I will quickly [vote spud] then bail for an extended period.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cassandra Project
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
VOTE TALLY

Player (9/9) - # - Voted by

Spud - 1 - Kaldar(1)

Not Voting: Guenhwyvhar, jageroxorz, Khellros, lvoverride, Moozers, Spud, SuperChutney, SybotCB

Nightfall votes are denoted by an '*' after the player's name.

Your Moderator has chosen to use the Longest Held Last Vote method for a tiebreaker - This is just for Cassandra system, and there may be a different tiebreaker specified by your Moderator in the ruleset.

Lynch time is at 4:00 PM BGG
Night Action deadline is at 5:00 PM BGG
---------------------

INVERTED TALLY

Voter - # - Voted on

Kaldar - 1 - Spud(1)

Not Voting: Guenhwyvhar, jageroxorz, Khellros, lvoverride, Moozers, Spud, SuperChutney, SybotCB

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [11] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.