Curt Ligot
United States
seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
The wife was at work today so I got to try this bad boy out. I gave the first scenerio a go.So after 3 times through (died the first two times) here is my initial thoughts.

-Great Quality Components
The counters have some great art and the board is thick and durable.

-Rulebook
This is a short read (which I love). They layout seemed a bit jumbled but that could be a preference thing. Once I knew were everything was it is very clear and helpful

-Gameplay
I have heard only good things about ATZ. I have Red Sand Blue Sky and loved the simple yet in depth gameplay. Once you have the basics down (took me 1 play) the game flows very nicely. The reaction tests are great and add tension and excitement to every turn. Also not knowing if you will be able to act each turn can be a real nail biter. Whats great about this game is you spend very little time worry about rules and more time running and gunning (emphasis on running).

I had told myself all I was going to buy was the boardgame. After playing the boardgame I am eager to see what the miniature rules have to offer.

Anyway, this is great stuff. I think I got mine for $40. Not the cheapest of games but the great gameplay, excellent components, and unique nature of the game justify the price.

You the man ED!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Anderson
United States
Ennis
Montana
flag msg tools
There is nothing better than playing board games with my 4 sons!
badge
There is nothing better than playing board games with my 4 sons!
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the short and to the point review. I've been looking at this game for awhile!

D-Rock....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Teixeira
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mb
Quote:
I had told myself all I was going to buy was the boardgame. After playing the boardgame I am eager to see what the miniature rules have to offer.

FYI - You can take the rules from the mini games an bring them into the board game as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curt Ligot
United States
seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
az_sunsets73 wrote:
Quote:

FYI - You can take the rules from the mini games an bring them into the board game as well.

Sweet. Are there rules for more weapons and or vehicles?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Teixeira
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mb
clig76 wrote:
az_sunsets73 wrote:
Quote:

Sweet. Are there rules for more weapons and or vehicles?

The minis game has much, much more than the board game.

More detailed Reaction tests tailored to the multiple classes of humans (Gangers, Military, Police, Citizens, Survivors).

Vehicles.

Greatly expanded campaign system.

More emphasis on meeting other non-player survivors.

Economics.

Day One scenario.

Loads of stuff.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Strope
United States
kansas city
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The board game actually made me look into the minis game. I've started pouring over it and want to add so much more to the board game. I'm not sure how much input you had on the board game Ed, but I know you did a hell of a job on the minis rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Teixeira
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mb
Strope wrote:
The board game actually made me look into the minis game. I've started pouring over it and want to add so much more to the board game. I'm not sure how much input you had on the board game Ed, but I know you did a hell of a job on the minis rules.

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam D.
United States
Suquamish
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmm, guess I shoulda bought the mini game and saved myself the absurd delay for shipping and the messed up mapboard (wah)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis Gadgaard
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I bought both.

Still waiting for the boardgame though. Got a bunch of preorderers ahead of me in the line

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curt Ligot
United States
seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
DenGad wrote:
I bought both.

Still waiting for the boardgame though. Got a bunch of preorderers ahead of me in the line :)

I m fighting the urge to buy the miniature game. I think its worth it but I just dumped a bunch of cash on some D and D books (they're like crack).

BTW, the boardgame is worth the wait. For me it is a solo gamers dream. Well produced and equally impressive game design.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scrumpy Jack
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
The minis game has much, much more than the board game.

More detailed Reaction tests tailored to the multiple classes of humans (Gangers, Military, Police, Citizens, Survivors).

Vehicles.

Greatly expanded campaign system.

More emphasis on meeting other non-player survivors.

Economics.

Day One scenario.

I am ignorant in All Things Zombie. By minis game, do you mean ATZ:Better than Zed etc? What do these minis games add to ATZ:The Board Game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angelus Seniores
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
it surprises me how you define the rulebook as "very clear", there's just too much missing information regarding situations that can occur ingame and how to handle them, only the general mechanism (or core rules) is clear.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.