John Smith
msg tools
Hey Guys,

Hopefully someone can help me identify this game.

I was in Toys R Us back in the early 90s and I saw this checkers/chess type game.

Here is what I remember:

- The pieces were shaped liked half spheres in 2 colors. Possibly green, blue, or red.

- The half spheres looked very futuristic to me at the time (being a 12 year old) so they might have been made of rubber or plastic.

- It had a 3d type board where each row going from the center to the edge was raised higher than the row in front of it. I think the purpose was so you could stack, or jump the spheres over each other. Kind of like this 3d chess board:
http://www.hardwaresphere.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/3d-...

I created a picture in photoshop (below) of what I think the box cover kind of looked like. I wasn't able to find a raised board, so imagine each row is raised up higher than the previous. The colors might be different as well. This was 20 years ago so it might totally be off...haha!

Thank you awesome people in advance!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Hwang
United States
Elmsford
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Abalone?

Sorry, I meant Terrace

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Smith
msg tools
YEAH!!!!!!

TERRACE!!!

Figures....I'm a Star Trek fan...so I probably saw it on the show back then. I'm a dork.

Philip! 20 years solved in under 10 mins.

Wow! Thank you!
I'm gonna buy it right now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Smith
msg tools
How about my memory Philip?

I almost got both colors spot on and I got the angle of the board pretty close as well in my pic.... after 20 years.

Yeah!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Hwang
United States
Elmsford
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
watchoutnow wrote:
How about my memory Philip?

I almost got both colors spot on and I got the angle of the board pretty close as well in my pic.... after 20 years.

Yeah!

Yes, that is quite a memory. I didn't remember the colors and I have a copy in my basement (which I played just last year)!

And BTW, welcome to BoardGameGeek (or GeekDo, if you are so inclined).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Jones
United States
Forest Grove
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
watchoutnow wrote:
YEAH!!!!!!

TERRACE!!!

Philip! 20 years solved in under 10 mins.

Aaaahhh, the beauty of the 'Geek...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.