Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Remy Gibson
United States
flag msg tools
http://boardgametop10s.com/audio/bg10.xml
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules for setting up the special buildings are pretty straightforward: select 6 randomly, leave them face-down. Now, to this point, all I've played are 2- and 3-player games. In a 3-player game, for instance, only four special buildings will come out during the course of the game. Obviously if you're in the Marketplace you can influence the final choice, so that fifth card will be seen. But why do you need six cards in a 3-player game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grzegorz Kobiela
Germany
Hanover
Lower Saxony
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Editor at Lookout Games
mbmbmbmbmb
Aweberman wrote:
The rules for setting up the special buildings are pretty straightforward: select 6 randomly, leave them face-down. Now, to this point, all I've played are 2- and 3-player games. In a 3-player game, for instance, only four special buildings will come out during the course of the game. Obviously if you're in the Marketplace you can influence the final choice, so that fifth card will be seen. But why do you need six cards in a 3-player game?

You don't. They just didn't want to blow up the rules with exceptions for 1-3 player games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cliff
United States
Western Great Lakes - Owashtinong Aajigaaning
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I demand an official erratum on this!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan M
Canada
Regina
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There are already enough differences between the short and long versions of the game, and changes based on whether you are playing 1 or 2 players. They probably didn't want to add further confusion by having different set-up rules for the special buildings based on number of players.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.