Subject: Galactica through the Wave... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jorge G.
Argentina
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hi everyone (first post at BGG!).

I´ve been lurking obsessively the PBF geeklist and every possible thread, PBF or otherwise interesting, in my fandom of this excellent, excellent game.

And lately i´ve been perfecting a way of using Google Wave to run the game through the net, if only to just keep being hooked up to this vice...

My question is, specially to those involved in getting the PBF games up and everyone connected to FFG: would it be ok for me to post a tutorial detailing my findings, or would FFG dissapprove it? I´d be using (that is, recommending) the same limitations that are inforced within the PBF games; ownership of the game, no actual crisis text posted, etc. That is, it´d be parallel to what is done in here. But i could see a point in them being able to observe what happens here and not at the wilds of the Wave...

Anyway; i´d love to go ahead. I´ve perfected ways which, while a little complex, reduced the need for a "moderator" to shuffling and playing Destiny deck cards at checks alone (if only someone would program such implements...).

Anyway, let me know. I´ll still be here, lurking until my position at the PBF list is met...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Riggan
United States
OKLAHOMA CITY
OK
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
As long as you're not posting "necessary game text" (cards, specifically), then I think you're fine.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Cappocchi
United States
Los Angeles
CA
flag msg tools
Arkham Horror, Amun Re, R-ECO, Ora Et Labora, Napoleonic Wars
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Why not ask FFG? They have responded to all kinds of questions when the PBF's were initiated, and of course rules questions, etc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gerry Smit
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1) Welcome to bgg!
2) Welcome to BSG! But then, you've already been here!
3) What Aaron said, don't ask us, ask Corey @ FFG. He's been great about all sorts of responses, including anything Brian asked about regarding setting up the PBF games.

Good Luck!

Gerry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorge G.
Argentina
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thanks all for your answers (and your welcoming...)

I guess it won´t hurt just asking at FFG. If they have no problem, expect that tutorial soon...

Thanks again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.