Recommend
1 
 Thumb up
 Hide
15 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Do It Yourself

Subject: CATS and MOUSE miniatures rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Markus Hagenauer jr.
Germany
Surheim
Germany
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
For the prototype of my new game, i need some cute little animals (4 cats and a mouse)
They shound be not larger than 1 inch (2,5 cm)
Does anyone know where i get those without spending a huge amount of money?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wolfgang Zelller
Germany
Schramberg
Baden-Württemberg
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
You might try to find a copy of Mouse Chaos at an online shop. This game is sold extremely cheap (Our son's copy cost 6 Euro in shrink-wrap) and it seems that there are still many of them around.

4 cats and 16 mice are included. Have a look at the game pics here.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kai Scheuer
Germany
Eppelsheim
Rheinland Pfalz
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Since it's only a prototype: what about creating some chits?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magnus Boye
Denmark
flag msg tools
Have you tried http://www.spielmaterial.de/english6/ ?
I don't know about cats and mice, but they have a lot of different wood animals for a good price, so there is a chance.
Doman.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Markus Hagenauer jr.
Germany
Surheim
Germany
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
schattentanz wrote:
Since it's only a prototype: what about creating some chits?


I did so. But now, for playtesting with a larger circle of kids, i would prefere something more haptic.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Markus Hagenauer jr.
Germany
Surheim
Germany
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Doman wrote:
Have you tried http://www.spielmaterial.de/english6/ ?
I don't know about cats and mice, but they have a lot of different wood animals for a good price, so there is a chance.
Doman.

Thank you.
Unfortunatly they fave quite everything but not cats and mice.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wolfgang Zelller
Germany
Schramberg
Baden-Württemberg
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Markus Hagenauer wrote:
4 cats and a mouse


btw. I pity that mouse!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ɹǝpun uʍop ʞǝǝƃ
Australia
Adelaide
SA
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmb
A quick re-theme to cats and dogs using Reiner Knizia's Amazing Flea Circus?

2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Cusack
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmb
Try Safari Limitied, they're not always the cheapest but they have a great variety of animal pieces that are great for prototypes.

http://www.shopatron.com/home/search/740.0.1.1?q=Cats

You can also find them in a Michaels craft store or sometimes a Joanns Fabric store too.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Markus Hagenauer jr.
Germany
Surheim
Germany
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
wolfzell wrote:
Markus Hagenauer wrote:
4 cats and a mouse


btw. I pity that mouse!



Luckily no player hast to be the mouse.They are all cats.


mr_lunch wrote:
A quick re-theme to cats and dogs using Reiner Knizia's Amazing Flea Circus?



The cats are great, but re-theming does not work in this case.


Dalamar437 wrote:
Try Safari Limitied, they're not always the cheapest but they have a great variety of animal pieces that are great for prototypes.

http://www.shopatron.com/home/search/740.0.1.1?q=Cats

You can also find them in a Michaels craft store or sometimes a Joanns Fabric store too.


They are cute but to lareg. If I would use this, my board had to become giant.


Thank you all!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
Randy Weston - The Spirits of Our Ancestors
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Go to a shop that sells beads (for necklaces, etc.), and you'll find all sorts of small animal figures, many with very fine detail and selling for less than $1 each. I discovered this when looking for cheap tokens to use in Diamant, and posted some images. This one gives you an idea of the variety available:



2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curt Woodard
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I might suggest getting supersculpey or shrinky dink materials and make your own. You can do this by creating meeples of the cats and mouse and see how that works.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Markus Hagenauer jr.
Germany
Surheim
Germany
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
wolfzell wrote:
You might try to find a copy of Mouse Chaos at an online shop. This game is sold extremely cheap (Our son's copy cost 6 Euro in shrink-wrap) and it seems that there are still many of them around.

4 cats and 16 mice are included. Have a look at the game pics here.


The pieces would fit verry good, but could not find the game anymehre for less tahn 20 Euros yet. Where did you get your son´s copy?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Markus Hagenauer jr.
Germany
Surheim
Germany
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Mouse Chaos
Found it under its durch name at Milan Spiele.

Thank you all for your good ideas!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.