Recommend
1 
 Thumb up
 Hide
7 Posts

Cyclades» Forums » Rules

Subject: More clarifications wanted! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
JonGetsGames
United States
CA
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a couple questions that have come up in my 10 games so far played, and I haven't bumped into the answers so far on these forums.

- Every player starts with 5 gold, but do they draw up their income of 2 for the first round and therefore start with 7 gold when going into the first bidding phase?

- The rules state that you can only attack the last island of a player if by attacking you can win the game. Is this instant, or could you just prove that you can get to 2 metros on that turn. I.E. this came up when someone wanted to Pegasus over and invade an island that did NOT have a metropolis, but did have 3 of the 4 required buildings for one. However on that turn they had the favor of the god they needed for that 4th building and they had no slots on their previous island to build that building. Could they take over that island and THEN build the last building to create a metro? Or does the actual action of attacking have to get the attacker to 2 metros?

- With the Sylph creature (10x fleet movements) can you stop in the middle of these 10 moves and do Ares invasions? We played this as a "Yes" tonight and twice we had players use it to do a 4 island hop rampage. They would move a ship a couple spots, attack, then move another couple spots and hop to the next island. They of course paid 1 gold for each attack.

- Can an attacker retreat when they have attacked through the pegasus? If so, do they retreat back to the island they flew off from?

I am sure there were a couple more but I can't think of them off the top of my head.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fabien Conus
Switzerland
Geneva
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
HappyHexagon wrote:

- Every player starts with 5 gold, but do they draw up their income of 2 for the first round and therefore start with 7 gold when going into the first bidding phase?


Yes. But it's 7 only in the 5 player version. It varies depending on the number of players. Which is why the rule is: you start with 5 gold and you get your revenue at the beginning of the first turn.

HappyHexagon wrote:

- The rules state that you can only attack the last island of a player if by attacking you can win the game. Is this instant, or could you just prove that you can get to 2 metros on that turn. I.E. this came up when someone wanted to Pegasus over and invade an island that did NOT have a metropolis, but did have 3 of the 4 required buildings for one. However on that turn they had the favor of the god they needed for that 4th building and they had no slots on their previous island to build that building. Could they take over that island and THEN build the last building to create a metro? Or does the actual action of attacking have to get the attacker to 2 metros?


You have to prove that you can get your second metropolis at the end of you turn by attacking. So, yes, I think this is legal. We might want to get Bruno's confirmation.

HappyHexagon wrote:

- With the Sylph creature (10x fleet movements) can you stop in the middle of these 10 moves and do Ares invasions? We played this as a "Yes" tonight and twice we had players use it to do a 4 island hop rampage. They would move a ship a couple spots, attack, then move another couple spots and hop to the next island. They of course paid 1 gold for each attack.


No, you have to use all of the creature features before doing another action.

HappyHexagon wrote:

- Can an attacker retreat when they have attacked through the pegasus? If so, do they retreat back to the island they flew off from?


No. Pegasus is only one-way
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
KAS
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
FabienC wrote:
Yes. But it's 7 only in the 5 player version. It varies depending on the number of players. Which is why the rule is: you start with 5 gold and you get your revenue at the beginning of the first turn.
This confused me. Doesn't all of the initial board setups for every player count start with revenue of 2 GP? Or did I miss something? Thanks
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fabien Conus
Switzerland
Geneva
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes ! You are right !

I was somehow under the impression that with fewer players, you got control over more prosperity markers, but I was wrong.

Sorry about that.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
You can take my game… when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the board!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
FabienC wrote:

HappyHexagon wrote:

- With the Sylph creature (10x fleet movements) can you stop in the middle of these 10 moves and do Ares invasions? We played this as a "Yes" tonight and twice we had players use it to do a 4 island hop rampage. They would move a ship a couple spots, attack, then move another couple spots and hop to the next island. They of course paid 1 gold for each attack.


No, you have to use all of the creature features before doing another action.


Just to clarify though: You are allowed fleet combat during the Sylph action. So you may move a fleet, resolve ship combat, and continue moving.

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/4699951#4699951
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gláucio Reis
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
FabienC wrote:
HappyHexagon wrote:

- Can an attacker retreat when they have attacked through the pegasus? If so, do they retreat back to the island they flew off from?


No. Pegasus is only one-way

I suppose the attacker may retreat if he has fleets connecting the attacked island to one of his islands. The attacker does not need to retreat to the island from where his troops come.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fabien Conus
Switzerland
Geneva
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
GSReis wrote:

I suppose the attacker may retreat if he has fleets connecting the attacked island to one of his islands. The attacker does not need to retreat to the island from where his troops come.


That is correct.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.