Popular Tags: [View All]
Ian Powell
Australia
Glenrowan
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was playing a solo game last night with Glaaki as the Ancient One.
The mythos card "Feds raid Arkham" was drawn and its special effect was to remove all monsters in the streets to the cup. At the time there were 2 servants of Glaaki on the streets, however as they don't normally reside in the cup they were left in place.

Is this correct?

I guess if the Feds did raid, then they should have been removed to the Ancient One's sheet?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gijs Bouwman
Netherlands
Bussum
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe they stay on the board. They are spawn monsters and do not count towards the total number of monster that may be in arkham at one time. They also never go to the outskirts.

gr Gijs

www.ikwileenspel.nl
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jordi Gómez Acosta
Spain
Castellon de la Plana
Castellon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The feds removes all monters, included all servants of Glaaki, but they do not go to the cup, instead they go to Glaaki´s sheet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
This is one of those gray areas - can't remember if it is addressed by the new FAQ or not. They are spawn monsters so they shouldn't be affected by this mythos card. They should remain on the streets.

I'll check when I get home if this is covered differently.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Bell
United States
Eugene
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The last ruling I remember seeing was that spawn creatures ignore mythos cards like that. Mostly, this protects the Dunwich Horror from being arrested. This pretty much amounted to a rule errata, since there's no special provision in the rules that protect spawn monsters.

Still hoping the superfaq comes out in our lifetime!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tibs
United States
Amherst
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
"Return to cup" effects do not affect Spawn monsters. So the Feds can't clear out Children of Abhoth, the Dunwich Horror, etc.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Powell
Australia
Glenrowan
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for all your comments.

They confirm what I though and how I played it - i.e. they stay on the board. It makes sense from a mechanics point of view - not sure thematically, maybe the servants of Glaaki just blended in with the populace?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tibs
United States
Amherst
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
harlequin1 wrote:
Thanks for all your comments.

They confirm what I though and how I played it - i.e. they stay on the board. It makes sense from a mechanics point of view - not sure thematically, maybe the servants of Glaaki just blended in with the populace?

Well, the Dunwich Horror technically is invisible. But there is no excuse for the Children of Abhoth and Riots!

It's definitely a mechanics thing. Wouldn't want Glaaki or the Dunwich Horror itself to be neutered by the feds. It would be kind of a letdown in the mounting tension.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Saturn
msg tools
I have another question considering spawn monster - do they enter the vortexes on Dunwich and/or Innsmouth and are taken off the board (obviously not to the cup but on the proper Ancient one sheet) and raise the terror and Duniwch/Innsmouth track? In out last game against Abhoth we treated Childs of Abhot like any other monster for this purpose.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tibs
United States
Amherst
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I play that spawns entering vortexes are removed. If they're not removed, then they just stand in the vortex. If they don't ever enter the vortex, it's not explicitly stated, and then they would dead-end at the street right before the vortex. So, back to the AO's sheet they go.

If, somehow, by a combination of weird effects, you can actually get the Dunwich Horror into a vortex, I'd increase the terror level and place the Horror back on Sentinel Hill. The DH cannot be removed from play until the DH track is cleared, and the DH track can't be cleared unless the Dunwich Horror is "defeated" (i.e. passing a combat check, or some other "defeat" effect).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.