Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jose Negron
United States
New Hyde Park
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Looking to either keep Tomb or trade it and get a different dungeon crawl. Any suggestions?

Poll
Which Dungeon Crawl Game would you get? This would be based on bang for your buck. IE Descent is alot more expensive than Dungeoneer but would it be worth it?
Tomb W/ Cryptmaster
All the Dungeoneer Sets
Descent (please recommend which set as I can't afford all of them)
Other (If other, please recommend a game)
      27 answers
Poll created by boricua1111

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Washington

Long Island City
New York
msg tools

I voted TOMB, but I haven't played any of the others - I just really though TOMB was one of the better dungeoncrawlers I've played - it has decent level progression, a challenge system where more than sheer combat ability counts, the whole "everyone has their own party to manage and play with" thing, and the 'GM by the group' mechanics.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sven Berglowe
United States
Edmond
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Outkast wrote:

I voted TOMB, but I haven't played any of the others - I just really though TOMB was one of the better dungeoncrawlers I've played - it has decent level progression, a challenge system where more than sheer combat ability counts, the whole "everyone has their own party to manage and play with" thing, and the 'GM by the group' mechanics.

I have them all, but Tomb fits what you asked for the best./DOCarrrh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alfred Wallace
United States
Champaign
IL
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I love Dungeoneer with a blind, stupid love, especially when considering cost, but one other possibility is grabbing some MageKnight: Dungeons off eBay.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd
United States
Cleveland
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I second Mage Knight: Dungeons off E-bay. It is still the best Dungeon crawl game in my book.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd
United States
Cleveland
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a big box full of dupes and extras that I am willing to trade as well you will still need to find one starter for a map and rule book but that should be easily found.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim M-L
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I prefer Dungeoneer from the few you list. I would say start with one or two sets rather than buy them all at once.

I'll also recommend Song of Blades and Heroes which is an excellent fantasy miniatures game that can be used with any miniatures. It has a dungeon themed expansion Song of Gold and Darkness

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.