Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Gray
United States
Watertown
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I remember having a deck of space cards when I was growing up. Probably sometime around 1987-1991 or so.

The cards featured full color photographs of real space shuttles and rockets. The pictures filled most of the page, with some stats at the bottom (e.g. I think fuel capacity, height, etc. were part of the stats).

I believe the pictures of the rockets were oftentimes showing the rocket on the launchpad, though some may have been in flight.

I am pretty sure it was not just a standard deck of cards (2-Ace, 4 suits). I do not think there were any suits, or numbers apart from the stats on the bottom of the cards.

I think the stats on the bottom allowed you to play a game to try to get...(I don't remember... the most powerful rockets?).

Any ideas on what this lost remnant of my childhood may have been?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Avri
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds a lot like Top Trumps. Pretty sure I had this same set . . .
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
WAN CHIU
United States
Arcadia
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
Sounds like Top Trumps

Edit: Dang I was delayed by the image search
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Gray
United States
Watertown
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It is totally it!

It looks like it was packaged as "Space Rockets Ace Trump Game". I wasn't convinced it was part of the Top Trumps Line until finding the pic:

Now, wonder if I can find a copy...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.