Subject: Immersing into the game rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Goran M
Croatia
Zagreb
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, well in order to better support the theme and warm up for the game, please reccomend material of similar thematic to LNoE:

Comic:
Book:
Music albums (or packs):

PS. I didn't wrote movie series because thats probably the easiest one to find and use.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Brichs
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Comic:
Walking Dead is the greatest Zombie comic I've read.
If you enjoy Marvel superheroes, then Marvel Zombies are quite fun as well.

Books:
World War Z by Max Brooks (and, to a lesser extent, Zombie Survival Guide by same author) is a great read.
Day by Day Armageddon should be good, but I haven't read it yet (it's on my list).

Music: The soundtrack to the game? Otherwise, I don't know. Maybe some horrorcore rap...? Or some Horror Metal?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D L
Malaysia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Music: Last Night on Earth by Green Day.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Cale
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
Yog-Sothoth knows the gate. Yog-Sothoth is the gate. Yog-Sothoth is the key and guardian of the gate. Past, present, future, all are one in Yog-Sothoth. He knows where the Old Ones broke through of old, and where They shall break through again.
mbmbmb
Music: "Who Will Survive, and What Will be Left of Them?" by Murder By Death
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Hebert
Canada
Vercheres
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Comic: The Walking Dead is simply AWESOME!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Urg
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
for music i would have to say

White Zombie - La Sexcristo Devil Music; vol 1

The whole damn album is perfect accompanyment to the b-movie style.

It rocks too
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shaminder Dhillon
United States
Las Cruces
New Mexico
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Music: If you like metal, Rob Zombie - Hellbilly Deluxe. If you like punk, The Misfits (I personally recommend with Glenn Danzig vocals). If you like classical, Bach's Toccata and Fugue in D minor.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Rogerson
United States
Tacoma
Washington
flag msg tools
I've not read to many zombie books or comic books, but one that i have read is a steampunk story called boneshaker and i loved it.

music: depending on mood, i think Godspeed you black emperor has a nice empty vastness to their sound (if you saw 28 days later they have songs in that movie)
or for a little more upbeat try creature feature or any number of rockabilly/psychobilly bands (nekromantics, zombie ghost train, are two that pop into my mind)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam D.
United States
Suquamish
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There's a lot of really bad zombie fiction out there. Day By Day Armageddon is an exception. highly recommended.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Miller
United States
Glasgow
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll agree with everyone else that Walking Dead is by far the best zombie comic ever. As far as music, we always seem to have Midnight Syndicate playing in the background while we play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Brichs
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Music could also be Richard Cheese with Down With The Sickness (anyone who has seen the Dawn of the Dead remake will remember this song)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Grey
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nine Inch Nails' Ghosts I-IV has a good amount of eerie and a mix of slow/frantic rock/electronica soundscapes that work very well with LNOE. Probably work better than the CD that's packaged with the game.

Even better, Trent Reznor is so bad ass he lets you download a bunch of them for free!

Sample/download/buy NIN's Ghosts I-IV album here: http://ghosts.nin.com/main/home

Listening to 24 Ghosts III and 31 Ghosts IV, and they're just perfect for LNOE.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roman F
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I like Tom Waits' Bone Machine, especially "Murder in the Red Barn".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Goran M
Croatia
Zagreb
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you a bunch - obtained comics, now am working on getting the music & books.

Some of you probably have heard of but if not, feel free to watch Dead set miniseries (hint: how to combine Big Brother and Zombies)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.