Popular Tags: [View All]
Alexander Bateman
United Kingdom
Middlesbrough
Middlesbrough
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Given that we play this when we have half an hour spare, I would have to ask how it possibly took 2.5 hours.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher
Belgium
De Panne
Bachten de Kupe
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jadrax wrote:
Given that we play this when we have half an hour spare, I would have to ask how it possibly took 2.5 hours.

I think if you're 8 players to play and some of them are not experienced with the game, it can take that much time indeed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
teufen wrote:
jadrax wrote:

I think if you're 8 players to play and some of them are not experienced with the game, it can take that much time indeed.

Spot on. The difference between a 1p game (if it's NOT official, then simply use one gnome, otherwise, a 2p game isn't that much more of a difference compared to 1p) and an 8p can be as different as night and day. 1p game you can breeze through in.... I'd say 10 minutes, 15 minutes tops? 8p game will likely take 1 to 1.5 hours depending on how much planning goes on. If most of the people are inexperienced, a rule of thumb is to double any playing time from the middle to higher player ranges. For an 8p game, that's easily 2 hours. With a 1p, 1st game, it'll be much higher, but not that ridiculous, such as from 15min to 30 to 45 min? You tend to go through the rulebook alot while playing, and taking "time outs" to remind people of how things work. Plus, you need to pass the reference sheet around since people won't have what the items are memorized.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.