Subject: Looking for help on german translations rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nikolaj Wendt
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
Hi everyone!

I am looking for someone to help me translate the rules for my game into German. We are getting close to the date where I have to send the rules to the publisher.

I would prefer to have it translated by someone here, compared to someone from an agency. Both because its cheaper :) but also because I would like it to be done by someone with an interest in and understanding of games.

Payment is mostly symbolic. I can offer a spot in the credits (if we hurry) and a free version of the publised game sent to your address. We are currently aiming at getting the first batch sent over here in mid-september.

I would love to have two persons for this, to run two iterations before getting the final version.

If you are interested in helping out, please let me know asap at nikolajw@hotmail.com

Fortunately it is a simple card game, so the text is only about 1,5 A4 page.

Help a fellow developer - who is getting close to the publishing of his first game - out, guys!!! :)

Nikolaj
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peaceful Gamin'
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
designer
You found our Geekbadge Overtext. Congratulations! :-)
badge
Gaming is fun. And this is a hypercube. The sun is shining
mbmbmbmbmb
in. send along

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julien Griffon
France
Nantes
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm just curious, but isn't translation part of the publisher's job?

Anyway, in case you can't find what you're looking for here, with some searching on the net, you should be able to find a decent professional freelance translator who will do it for you for less than €45. Proofreading would then be around €20 more.

Unfortunately, German is not one of my working languages.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nikolaj Wendt
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
captncavern wrote:
I'm just curious, but isn't translation part of the publisher's job?

Anyway, in case you can't find what you're looking for here, with some searching on the net, you should be able to find a decent professional freelance translator who will do it for you for less than €45. Proofreading would then be around €20 more.

Unfortunately, German is not one of my working languages.

Yeah, me bad. I am publishing it myself through an existing gaming company. They just provide the contacts to the producers in China.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peaceful Gamin'
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
designer
You found our Geekbadge Overtext. Congratulations! :-)
badge
Gaming is fun. And this is a hypercube. The sun is shining
mbmbmbmbmb
did you still need this translation done?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.