Badajoz
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1º turn: Investor action
2º turn: Produce
3º turn: Factory
4º turn: Produce
5º turn: Move

I suppouse that if the 'investor card' is near to you, this oppening is better that if the 'investor card' is far from you....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paulo Soledade
Portugal
Leiria
Leiria
flag msg tools
designer
WYG Developer
badge
mb
The first move Investor can be a good thing IMO if you have the investor card with you and if you're able to make a good advantage towards your opponents, let's say a couple more million, at least. If you can get a 4 mill income, plus 2 mill from the investor card, then you have a full 6 mill which is enough to get a #3 share and maybe, consequently, the control of a nation before tax.

Don't forget that after the Investor, if you go to Produce and then Factory you may find yourself with empty pockets to pay those 5 mill of the factory...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raúl Lopezosa
Spain
Almendralejo
Badajoz
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Soledade wrote:
[....]
Don't forget that after the Investor, if you go to Produce and then Factory you may find yourself with empty pockets to pay those 5 mill of the factory...

Produce is free, and the Nations starts with 11 millons, if I 'invertor' this take 5 millons, if I Factory this take 5 millons....

Of course, I supousse the nation that starts the game with the 1 millon interest and the 4 millons interes in play by a player....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
nicolas de saint aubain
Belgium
flag msg tools
As it is too expensive to advance very fast in the late game (it isn't possible anymore to do tax/invest/tax...), i think you are right, it's quite good to expand and build factories, before starting taxation.
In the new one, a lot of small jumps on the X track won't work, you need only a few very big jumps, and for that you must be ready, with factories and armies.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcel van Vliet
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mb
I would never skip Taxation, as this is the one action that gives the controlling player an advantage over his opponents.

Starting out with Factory - and then either Produce or Investor, depending on when you will recieve the Investor card (and you need money in your pocket) is the better strategy in my opinion

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.