Stronghold» Forums » Rules

Subject: Altar, trebuchet bug ? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
toof fou
France
flag msg tools
Hi,

The new rules say they are located at Ramparts. They were located at foregrounds.

Is it a bug or is it correct ?

Thank you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Simon
United States
Ashley
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The new rules posted on this site has a few new errors that cropped up in them. That is one of them,

The Altar and Trebuchet are still built in the Foregrounds.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
toof fou
France
flag msg tools
Ok thank you.

This game is cursed

Lets wait for the ERRATA and/or the new FAQ ...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Simon
United States
Ashley
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, Valley Games is coming out with a reprint/new edition and the errors will be corrected there. I'm sure that the rules will be posted before the reprint/new edition is out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Giacomo Mangiarano
Italy
Castellana Grotte
(BA)
flag msg tools
Use the force
badge
Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen
mbmbmbmbmb
thinwhiteduke wrote:
The new rules posted on this site has a few new errors that cropped up in them. That is one of them,

What are the other errors in the new rulebook?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Simon
United States
Ashley
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
starpino wrote:

Offhand, I recall that there are inconsistencies with the costs listed in the new rulebook vs. the costs on the cards (the cards are correct). I believe the new rules posted states that the Altar cost 1 Troll / 2 Orcs, but the card (and correct cost) is 1 Orc / 2 Goblins.

Sap is listed as 2 Resources in the rulebook, but 1 on the card.

Panic is listed as costing 1 Goblin in the rulebook, but 2 on the card.

That's all I recall from the top of my head (other than the Altar/Trebuchet placement). Though I think some terminology also changed but not always consistently in the rulebook, which added some minor confusion (such as Dispatch to Move Out).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Giacomo Mangiarano
Italy
Castellana Grotte
(BA)
flag msg tools
Use the force
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The number of the wooden walls is reduced to 3...is this correct?

In the original rulebook it was 5, but I was missing the strenght marker for the gates...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Simon
United States
Ashley
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah! That was another error. There are 5 wooden wall components. And, yes, there was not gate strength marker component.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Seitz
United States
Glen Allen
VA
flag msg tools
badge
Like water spilled on the ground, which cannot be recovered, so we must die. But God does not take away life; instead, he devises ways so that a banished person may not remain estranged from him. 2 Sam 14:14
mbmbmbmbmb
thinwhiteduke wrote:
... there was not gate strength marker component.

There was in my copy. It's one of the brown wooden cubes; it's just not listed in the components.
If you count the cubes, there should be 22.
16 for the Invader resources, 5 for the defender wall components, and the remaining one as the gate strength marker.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Giacomo Mangiarano
Italy
Castellana Grotte
(BA)
flag msg tools
Use the force
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
out4blood wrote:
thinwhiteduke wrote:
... there was not gate strength marker component.

There was in my copy. It's one of the brown wooden cubes; it's just not listed in the components.
If you count the cubes, there should be 22.
16 for the Invader resources, 5 for the defender wall components, and the remaining one as the gate strength marker.

In the first wave of thi edition of the game, at Essen, all the boxes have a wooden block missing...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alwin Derijck
Netherlands
Utrecht
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
thinwhiteduke wrote:
starpino wrote:

Offhand, I recall that there are inconsistencies with the costs listed in the new rulebook vs. the costs on the cards (the cards are correct). I believe the new rules posted states that the Altar cost 1 Troll / 2 Orcs, but the card (and correct cost) is 1 Orc / 2 Goblins.

Sap is listed as 2 Resources in the rulebook, but 1 on the card.

Panic is listed as costing 1 Goblin in the rulebook, but 2 on the card.

That's all I recall from the top of my head (other than the Altar/Trebuchet placement). Though I think some terminology also changed but not always consistently in the rulebook, which added some minor confusion (such as Dispatch to Move Out).

So are the rules in the latest version of the rulebook or the amounts given on the cards correct?

Thanks for the overview of "new" errors.

cheers,
Alwin
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
toof fou
France
flag msg tools
The sad thing is that some errors are the same that the first print (i mean now we have the same errors than in the first french print which was different from the first english print). Well now it is totaly impossible to find the truth.
Wondering if they really want their game to work ...

I'm REALLY anger about such few care ... Many FAQS were writed in many langage. And, boom, the new rules introduce new confusions ...

Wondering if I will ever have a session of this game ! I buyed it many month ago and had never played it yet ... I had to many hopes with the new rules i guess ...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Esa Kujala
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
toofou wrote:
The sad thing is that some errors are the same that the first print (i mean now we have the same errors than in the first french print which was different from the first english print). Well now it is totaly impossible to find the truth.
Wondering if they really want their game to work ...

I'm REALLY anger about such few care ... Many FAQS were writed in many langage. And, boom, the new rules introduce new confusions ...

Wondering if I will ever have a session of this game ! I buyed it many month ago and had never played it yet ... I had to many hopes with the new rules i guess ...

My feelings are exactly similar. I have played only one session and I am very disappointed and confused about rules.
I am translating rules in Finnish, but it is extremely hard and my whiskey bottle is almost empty.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Simon
United States
Ashley
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As an avid fan of the game, I have to say that it is definitely worth the chaos of the rules to play. However, I can say that the Valley Games version of the rules should finally produce a version of the rules with everything sorted out and the errors fixed and caught. I cannot say that the translation to Finnish will be any easier, but the English rules will be correct, accurate and the only changes will be for balance and playability.

But until they are released, I would suggest trying to work through the rules, or ask any questions here. The game really is worth the effort in my opinion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
romano veronese
Italy
flag msg tools
mb
thinwhiteduke wrote:

What changes in the game if a machine is built in a foreground instead of rampart ?
Could you built both the T on the SAME side of the stronghold ?
if this is not possible the new(mistaken)rule looks to me as an improvement cool in theme. ( T are not damaged by Scouts because are too far )

Edit because i found this:
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/508234/new-rulebook
Quote:
1) The trebuchet is supposed to be placed in the FOREGROUND, not on a RAMPART. That is why it is considered to far away to be sabotaged as well.
-Ignacy confirmed this was an error - should be FOREGROUND

My confusion was because i had an Italian translation with the not corrected rule blush

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.