Small World» Forums » Rules

Subject: The last in-decline ghoul's failed attack rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
A M
Finland
flag msg tools
Hi!
I have ghouls as my in-decline race and my turn has just started. I have only one ghoul left on the board and I want to use it for conquering something. Now, I need to throw the battle die in order to succeed with any kind of attack. What happens if I don't get any reinforcements? The ghoul is supposed to be placed back on the board but there are no ghoul infested territories left on the board. Should I put the ghoul to the box or should I put it back to the territory where it was before I took it to my hand?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ossian Grr aka "Josh"
United States
Chelmsford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
GRRRRR!!!
badge
GRRRRRRRRR!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Same thing that happens to a non-declined normal race who abandons all their regions and fails to enter the board.

He stays in your hand until your next turn. Then you can re-enter the board with him as a "first conquest".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Owen
United States
Norwich
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Aphamino wrote:
Hi!
I have ghouls as my in-decline race and my turn has just started. I have only one ghoul left on the board and I want to use it for conquering something. Now, I need to throw the battle die in order to succeed with any kind of attack. What happens if I don't get any reinforcements? The ghoul is supposed to be placed back on the board but there are no ghoul infested territories left on the board. Should I put the ghoul to the box or should I put it back to the territory where it was before I took it to my hand?

If there's only one ghoul let it's already in a territory so it wouldn't be able take another one. If you mean that the ghoul is already off board then if it fails to capture a new territory it would stay off board and you can try again next turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A M
Finland
flag msg tools
wargamer55 wrote:
If there's only one ghoul let it's already in a territory so it wouldn't be able take another one. If you mean that the ghoul is already off board then if it fails to capture a new territory it would stay off board and you can try again next turn.

What do you mean by "it wouldn't be able to take another one"? I thought that it's okay to abandon a region by taking all the troops (in this case the one ghoul) to my hand and then start attacking? Then I would try to succeed with the die. It also says in the rules somewhere that at some point of the active player's turn if there are no markers of the in-decline race left on the board, the in-decline race's banner is put away, and in this case, at the latest, I probably should put the ghoul in my hand to the box (that is, if I failed with the attack and didn't get to put the ghoul back anywhere on the board)?

I'm a bit confused.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ossian Grr aka "Josh"
United States
Chelmsford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
GRRRRR!!!
badge
GRRRRRRRRR!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Aphamino wrote:
It also says in the rules somewhere that at some point of the active player's turn if there are no markers of the in-decline race left on the board, the in-decline race's banner is put away, and in this case, at the latest, I probably should put the ghoul in my hand to the box (that is, if I failed with the attack and didn't get to put the ghoul back anywhere on the board)?

The ghouls break this rule.
For all intents and purposes, the ghouls are treated as an Active Race during your turn, and a Declined Race during everyone else's turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A M
Finland
flag msg tools
Oh, ok. That clarifies a lot.

Thanks for the quick replies.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.