Jamey Philipp
United States
Muskego
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It appears my submitted picture was yanked from the front page. I'd like to know why.

Its a fully clothed girl, with a shirt with a collar up to her neck pointing at a big game company published game box in a major chain department store in public.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Just Jeff
United States
Sterling
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think it may have had something to do with the locked thread that accompanied it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Philipp
United States
Muskego
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, thats just it - the tread was locked so what possibly could have went wrong with people seeing it and perhaps getting a chuckle out of it? It was just going to sit there with no further comments....

I don't get it.

(and nothing had really happened yet to justify locking the thread - but I understand why it was locked even if it was premature)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
Superhawk2300 wrote:
It appears my submitted picture was yanked from the front page. I'd like to know why.

It appears to be categorized as 'Mature' which means enough users marked it as such and images marked as 'mature' are not displayed on the front page.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Philipp
United States
Muskego
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the explaination, I was wondering if that was the case. I couldn't find where to see if it was flagged that or not though. Where does one see that?

There should be some sort of ruling process for this; an admin should have to remove a flagged item.

For example only a simpleton incapable of seeing situations more than once removed from themselves would say this is "mature" for the effect of removing it from the front page.

This is a picture of a person holding a game box pointing to the game box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
Superhawk2300 wrote:
I couldn't find where to see if it was flagged that or not though. Where does one see that?

Browse->Images, change Category to "Mature", hit "Go" and your image shows up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Philipp
United States
Muskego
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the info and the help!

I was looking on the image page itself to see tags or category or something attached to the picture itself before I posted and couldn't find anything.

BTW - that mature thing is a joke. I request a "stupid dork", "anal", "panzy-girlie-man", "I'm a cry baby", and "still sucks mommies tit" categories to be added, if we are just going to let people's tossed around opinion's determine what represents the site.

This place needs an enima.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Philipp
United States
Muskego
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
J - how many people flagging an image as "Mature" it takes before it removes it from the pool of images?

There are some images flagged as mature that don't even make sense; it must be a small number of votes to do it...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelley E.
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
He went that way
badge
I used to have AP. Now I'm not sure.
mbmbmbmbmb
This is a user generated site. Even if we don't like some specific incidents of mob rule I think it's best if the admins are involved as little as possible.

Personally I don't have a problem with a mature category but I should be able to set a flag in my profile that ignores it. Just like Google safe search I want the option to have a raw and unfiltered window on the content. That means that the pic should still appear on the front page for me even if others have flagged it out of sight.

Your girl has some nice eyes. If you want a front page pic take one of her peeking over the top of a hand of cards. Only the Taliban would find THAT mature.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Philipp
United States
Muskego
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
xeromist wrote:
..... Only the Taliban would find THAT mature.

Than there are extremists amoung us, or social retards. Look at some of these "mature" pictures....

and there are dozens others of regular pictures labled as "mature".

I am against controls being in place with no, um, control. One guys pics of his wife are very prevelant - she is doing nothign wrong in any pictures so I am thinking there is someone just screwing with the guy.

This place can be so pathetic.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mb
Any image that has been tagged a single time as "Mature" will appear in the search that you used to find the above images. It takes more than a single "Mature" tag to have an image pulled from the front page. Apparently the innuendo that inspired you to post your image was enough to also inspire others to tag it enough to push it past that threshold.

-MMM

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Philipp
United States
Muskego
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the explaination. I assume it is "two" being the number then that can force a picture off the front page. I suspect there are organized forces working behind the scenes.

It is funny though, if you think about it. The picture itself is 100% fine viewing anywhere except maybe Pakistan and that can be proven in a court of law. The judgment of the people looking at the picture really is what is at issue here.

i.e. the people who voted this mature are the one's with the dirty minds. Like I said, my 5 year old didn't see anything odd about the picture because she wasn't thinking perverted.

In Disney / Pixars movie Cars the female groupie cars flash their headlights at Lightning McQueen resulting in a simular innuedo.

I wonder if any who voted this as "Mature" would be brave / congruent enough to step forward and adress this; should that movie be rated R and labled "mature"?

Also, what do they say about this issue being really a non-issue. The only people that "get it" are people who are thinking a certain way. Children who have not been exposed to this cannot think that way, therefore labeling this as "Mature" to remove it from the front page really serves no purpose other than to make themselves feel authoritarian.

So my opinion is that the people who labled this mature are either don't understand what the lable is for (I'd like to play some boardgames with them!) or are misguided by a sense of authority and what they judge to be right on a (mostly) open forum.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.