Joel Smith
Canada
Parrsboro
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
boom, boom, ramming speed, boom boom, boom, ludicrous speed, boom boom...
mbmbmbmbmb
I saw this on the news today and immediately thought of us BGGers reputations.

I have been thinking of attending my first gaming convention with my wife but we are afraid of the "odours" reputations...Sooooo if all you convetion organizers used one of these Chinese deodorant guns it might bump up the attendence:

I mean it is functional art apropro for gamers. Its a "BIG GUN" for gosh sakes. What's not to like!

So my question is, would you attend more gaming conventions if one of these were used there?

PS
If we cant laugh at ourselves...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler Hudak
United States
North Canton
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
For some of the cons I have been to, it might not be a bad idea.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
W Scott Grant
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Considering that I play hockey,

I think this is needed more in the hockey locker room than at a gaming convention...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Bacchus
United States
Altamonte Springs
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
On the other hand, if my gaming conventions had Zamboni rides...

wow wow wow wow wow
Where do I sign?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph T
United States
Signal Hill
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There might be a few stinky people, but you live in Canada where people are generally in better health and shape than the US. You look at the pictures of people in cons outside the US and they look pretty normal if not attractive.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Roop
United States
Three Rivers
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I only attend Gencon for the big game of Red Rover...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Delp
United States
Franklin
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Of course, the problem is that it’s just covering up the poor hygiene that’s still present. At least when someone stinks, you identify it and can choose to walk away...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Smith
Canada
Parrsboro
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks all for the responses...

I am just starting to look for our first gaming convention to attend this year. Outside North America/Essen is not an option.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Mullins
United States
Clinton
Tennessee
flag msg tools
To be honest, I would like to attend a gaming convention, provided I had the cash to do so.

As for deodorant guns, that sounds a bit far-fetched, yet there are some of us who are most likely gamey from so much playing. I try to keep in shape, and yet I wish to keep up my gaming prowess, particularly in regard to sports simulation gaming.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tim Tim TIm TIM TIMMY!!
Costa Rica
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Joel,

It is so worth it and to be honest - the smells are not that bad,I have found it is mainly CCG people who smell the worst ( at least at GC the last 2 years. YOu mainly could walk away from it if it is bad? 2 years ago at GenCon there was a obese guy who walked through the room towards his CCG and he was offensive, whole tables turned at the same time he smelled so bad, but if your not at the CCG table - which is usually a giant area of its own you are fine. Last year no real bad smells that for me

So don´t let that stop you.

Just the chance to be with other real gamers, people with a similar passion, to be able to have others teach you new games, to see and touch what is new, to be a part of the bigger community as it comes together is a wonderful thing - Last year my buddy discovered werewolf and did not make it back to the room till 7 AM, anything can happen

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Smith
Canada
Parrsboro
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Tim,

Thanks for the encouragement for gaming convention attendence.

I'm just joking around about the smell factor of BGGers keeping us away until now. My wife is a nurse, and we both have survived officers basic training field exercises way in the past, so BO is not really a deterant...

My wife and I are looking forward to taking our hobby from various small local gaming groups to the thrill of a big scale CON...

PS for George,

The Chinese deodorant guns are indeed real but just not for human BO,...here is one of links out there FYI

http://www.guardian.co.uk/environment/2010/mar/26/beijing-ru...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Bame
United States
Flagstaff
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What the heck is a zamboni?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Eldard
United States
Burke
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cobame wrote:
What the heck is a zamboni?

It's a four-wheeled vehicle resembling an oversized tractor, used to repair -- or resurface -- the ice surface of the hockey rink. At NHL games, the Zamboni comes out between periods and drives across the entire surface.

It gets its name from the inventor/manufacturer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.