Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jim Wilde
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So many of my games come in boxes that are WAY larger than necessary. I don't have a lot of storage space, plus I like to take my games with me on summer holidays, camping and travelling. So, I try to condense my games down into smaller boxes to make them more portable, and take up less space, while retaining a broad spectrum of game appeal. Beside, this is kind of like problem solving and puzzles at the same time, both which I enjoy. Here are some examples I've put together:

Battleline with Citadels. Remove the filler cardboard from the Citadels box, and you have enough room to put the Battleline cards and pawns in there with the Citadel cards and tokens.

Dominion with Fjords. I used some index cards (basically blank business cards) to label each of the Dominion cards. Then I removed the cardboard insert from the Fjords box, and stacked the Dominion cards on edge in one big deck into the Fjords box. There's still enough room for the Fjords tokens and tiles on the side, and an extra fold in the Dominion rules makes the set complete.

Slide 5 with Aton. The nice thing about the Slide 5 deck (or Category 5 or 6 Nimmt) is that you can also use it to play No Thanks!. All you need is some extra tokens. Well, Aton just happens to have enough tokens with the red and blue priest markers, so adding the Slide 5 deck into the Aton box is perfect! Best of all, I didn't have to remove the Aton insert yet.

Hmmm, I wonder if I can fit all 6 of these games into the Aton box? I'll have to try it...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.