• [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Riordan
United States
Phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Some of you may be intertested in this
Ah, there was a typo. 'S' instead of 'z'.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan McCullough
United States
Germantown
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Awww.. I thought you meant a GAME BOX.. like.. storage stuff..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse LeBreton
United States
Kingsford
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TylerDax wrote:
Check here:
Wow, better download it quick before FFG finds out

I have seen many FFG games listed there like Tanhauser. If that one hasn't gotten yanked then maybe this one won't be. Besides FFG would be foolish IMO to go around stomping on this games player community. TOI is constantly compared to Memoir 44 and Conflict of Heroes and in both cases gameboxes for each have been made and have not been pulled. Those respective companies have the wisdom to know that Vassal and Zuntzu actually boost player interest in buying their product. FFG will see the light on this I'm sure.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Helmut Apel
Germany
Darmstadt
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jesse, of course you are right and i agree. But from what i heard/read before FFG usually doesn´t want to have their games released as Vassal/ZunTzu/Cyberboard-Versions. Maybe they changed their minds about that which would be a good thing

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
After playing Combat Commander on vassal with a friend of mind who owns the game, I ended up buying the whole collection. I must thank vassal for providing me with my purchase decision. I believe vassal and other platforms that allow online play is a good thing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse LeBreton
United States
Kingsford
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I can answer questions about how to play this on Zuntzu. Just private message me. Also I'm looking to do some playing myself.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse LeBreton
United States
Kingsford
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh and another thing. At the moment I included only 4 scenarios to start with. I choose them based on popularity and reputation for being fun and balanced accept for one, Crossroads. I included that one because I do like it even though it is unbalanced. After playing it 3 times I decided removing 2 Shermans would probably be a good balance fix. For my next update I want some suggestions on what you guys would like to have for news scenarios. As you make your requests please include your observations on balance and propose your idea on how best to tweak it. My intent when adding new scenarios is to make improvements to those that need them rather than to just add them into my project in a broken state. So if we can as a community agree on a fan based fix for certain scenarios I will add them in as revised editions. Sound good to you guys?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Helmut Apel
Germany
Darmstadt
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jesse, ah i didn´t know the Module is done by you, great work thumbsup I like your Idea to include "Fan-fixed" Scenarios

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse LeBreton
United States
Kingsford
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I will soon be adding more scenarios and the expansions. I have delayed doing these two things for two reasons. First I did not want to invest to much time only to find my effort stomped on by FFG. Seems possible they may finally be relaxing their policy of opposing most PC module conversions. Cross your fingers. And the second reason is a new woman in my life. As soon as things settle in I'll work on Days of the Fox next.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse LeBreton
United States
Kingsford
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Zuntzu module is now available
Changed subject line from "Some of you may be intertested in this." to "Zuntzu module now available." The need to be discreet was probably unnecessary. FFG may finally be learning that Zuntzu and Vassal actually help sell games as James pointed out above.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tanks Alot
United States
Fort Mill
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
go2 Youtube Historical Gaming
mbmbmbmbmb
Its about time! :)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse LeBreton
United States
Kingsford
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
charlescab wrote:
Its about time!

It's about time you noticed this thread

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tanks Alot
United States
Fort Mill
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
go2 Youtube Historical Gaming
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry, I meant its about time that FFG realized that Vassal/SunZu modules help promote the game... :)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gherardo
Italy
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
grahamj wrote:
After playing Combat Commander on vassal with a friend of mind who owns the game, I ended up buying the whole collection. I must thank vassal for providing me with my purchase decision. I believe vassal and other platforms that allow online play is a good thing.

I did the same with MANY boardgames (i.e. C&C:A) and buyed the whole collection... appetite comes with eating!

P.S. TOI + DOF + NOR Vassal modules v.1.7 just released... I own the scenario modules too but chose not to release them on Vassal site yet, unless FFG officially approves it.

EDIT: I fixed several bugs and uploaded the files again!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse LeBreton
United States
Kingsford
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
"Appetite comes with eating." That's so true.

I had a major setback the other daysoblue I had a lot of scenarios all set up ready to go and then I made some additional changes to the base layout and code. What I didn't know at the time was that by doing so I made all of my scenario setups incompatible with the newer version. Lesson learned. At this point, I'm so burned out by the many hours I put into this that I think I'm just going to release my next update without the setups ready to go. This will require players to grab their own cards and squads and place them for themselves. This will add maybe 5 minutes to the setup time. Not really that bad, but I really wanted things to be perfect. But the good news is that once you have pulled all the items you need and set them by the side of the board in your HQ area you can save this setup so you don't have to again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse LeBreton
United States
Kingsford
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My future plans will be to add in Normandy expansion stuff, and the ability to create your own scenarios with any of the expansion map boards. This will work like a deluxe TOI editor. Players could then share these save files with others to enjoy their creations. Another bonus I foresee is that creators will not be limited by the physical boards on hand. You could for instance make a map with 3 1A boards in it if you wanted.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse LeBreton
United States
Kingsford
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: PC computer Zuntzu TOI module version 2.0 is now available
Hi guys,

I just uploaded version 2.0. Lots of major improvements to the interface and many more scenarios included this time. Days of the Fox expansion added in.

Grab it here.
http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=c9288a737aa319e71f8e0fff4...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Helmut Apel
Germany
Darmstadt
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome, Jesse - keep up the good work thumbsup

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gherardo
Italy
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Lebatron wrote:
Hi guys,

I just uploaded version 2.0. Lots of major improvements to the interface and many more scenarios included this time. Days of the Fox expansion added in.

Grab it here.
http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=c9288a737aa319e71f8e0fff4...

Great work, Jesse! Many thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse LeBreton
United States
Kingsford
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
After long absence I will begin work on the next update to my Zuntzu module. Stay tuned.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.