Subject: hero minor quest rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Pawel Bulacz
Poland
Kraków
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I find Runewars very similar to Warlords (computer game). Quests in that game are divided into 3 levels and you can receive rewards like allies and money (in Runewars case it could be influence).

I think that improving skills of a hero is a waste of time... There is only 6 rounds when you move your heroes and you can be unlucky when you have your regular quest far away from your starting position.

What do you think of easy quests in Runewars where you could get some influence, allies or train abilities (if somebody likes it)?
Quests like:
- "deliver a massage" between/to your stronghold (simply move from one of your stronghold to another)
- "deliver a massage" to a city
- meet with an enemy/neutral unit (not necessary fight it)
- meet with another hero
etc...
It should be easy quest to end it the same turn.
As reward you can get 1/2 triangle neutral units or 1 circle. I think fate cards could decide. Or some influence. Maybe 1-3. And training/healing...

Any comments?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean D.
Canada
Langley
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, I think the game needs more quests. More heroes, more fighting/combat, more factions, more map pieces, more tactics cards, more seasonal events, more secret objectives, more variety of neutral units. More of everything!!! laugh

SO, yes, I think more quests would be good, but I am not sure what form these quests should take. I think getting 5 influence or something like that will make them worth while as other quests have the potential to get you a Dragon Rune via a Timmoran Shard. So, I think the rewards for the quests should be fairly good. If they are too light of a reward it may not be worth the player's limited number of moves to do them. It may also overly complicate and slow down the game for little effect to the final outcome. Just some thoughts off the top of my head. I will think more about it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.