Randolph Bookman
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was thinking about Pony Express, but would be open to other games as well. Ideally something fun and different and might be good with a beverage.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Manuel Pasi
Switzerland
Zürich
flag msg tools
Ka Mate Ka Mate
badge
Ka Ora Ka Ora
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd rather go with El Paso a fun push-your-luck-affair with a nice schadenfreude element to it.

or something ultra-light like Pickomino

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henrik Lantz
Sweden
Uppsala
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Your mention of Pony express made me think of Dice Town: gets good reviews, and the poker dice should go well with beer. Or Whisky.
Edit: Read this review. A Review a Week #4 - Dice Town: You know a game is good when one of your friends is cursing and laughing at the same time. It fits your request so well it is almost scary.

Pickomino is also good, great recommendation.

If you don't mind randomness, perhaps The Red Dragon Inn? Only 2-4 players though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Maloney
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason." -Jack Handey
mbmbmbmbmb
Unnamed Object?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
Randy Weston - The Spirits of Our Ancestors
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dixit

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
finbar taub
United States
san diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Check out Diamant - sounds like exactly what you are looking for -

also perhaps Galaxy Trucker

or if you like party games: Wits & Wagers or For Sale

thanks - good luck

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cyrus the Great
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ditto to For Sale. For something a little heavier, more along The Adventurers, but with a great theme, Pirate's Cove.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randolph Bookman
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bolger wrote:
Your mention of Pony express made me think of Dice Town: gets good reviews, and the poker dice should go well with beer. Or Whisky.
Edit: Read this review. A Review a Week #4 - Dice Town: You know a game is good when one of your friends is cursing and laughing at the same time. It fits your request so well it is almost scary.

Pickomino is also good, great recommendation.

If you don't mind randomness, perhaps The Red Dragon Inn? Only 2-4 players though.

Thanks for the mention of Dice Town I actually already own it which is why I was thinking about Pony Express.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
McDog
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Downfall of Pompeii?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.