Horus Heresy (2010)» Forums » Rules

Subject: First game questions.. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrew Parsons
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hi there - just playing solo to get to grips with the mechanics.

A few questions have come up.

1) Does Mortarion's special ability reduce the rank of ALL Imperial units, including Space Marines?

I assume it does.

2) If I play Vissicitudes of Chaos of units in an activated/routed area and move them to an unactivated/routed area - does the area I move them to become activated/routed?

I assume not.

3) Do you HAVE to perform an order - even if is a case of "burning" one and not using its effect?

Hmm .. I can see no reference to Passing.

4) I assume that the "Flying Units Joining Battles" ability can only be utilised by flying units that are not in an activated/routed area?

5) I assume that Thunderhawks can pick up any Chaos unit (e.g. a World Eater hawk can transport Nurgle Marines, or a Traitor Tank Division or even a Titan (?!)

Many thanks

Andy

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Engstrom
United States
Mount Prospect
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Grey Dolphin Games
mbmbmbmbmb
1) Mortarion's ability affects all units opposing him.

2) Correct, this event does not move nor create activation markers.

3) You can choose to not perform an order when you play it, but must pay the initiative cost still.

4) Correct, activated flyers cannot react to join battles.

5) Yes, thundrhawks can trasport any unit loyal to the traitor.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bungeeboy wrote:
loyal to the traitor.

*snicker

Not the answer(s), just how the quoted bit sounds .
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Parsons
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Great - thanks Eric.

In respect of 3)

a) Do you still have to place the order card in your discard or reserve pile if you don't carry out the action- or can you retain it in your hand?

b) Is it possible to effectively "run out" of orders? Or if you have no order cards in your hand or on the Strategic Map would you just keep "burying" opponents orders on the strategic map?

Cheers

Andy

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Engstrom
United States
Mount Prospect
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Grey Dolphin Games
mbmbmbmbmb
You can spend 1 initiative to draw an order from reserve or deck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Parsons
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thanks Guys

Totally missed thr ability to draw an action card - duh.....blush

Cheers

Andy

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Christian
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just played my first game last night and ran into a (probably dumb) question regarding the basics of movement. When cards mention attacking from adjacent areas, we didn't have a problem. It came when we would play a card that said an attack from multiple areas (in a region, let's say) could be made on a area. We are then moving any units that (while following movement rules/rates) can make it to that fight, correct? It seemed that the way units were being moved around (by the cards) that the units individual movement rates were not important.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Walton
United States
Springfield
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
NRadd59 wrote:
I just played my first game last night and ran into a (probably dumb) question regarding the basics of movement. When cards mention attacking from adjacent areas, we didn't have a problem. It came when we would play a card that said an attack from multiple areas (in a region, let's say) could be made on a area. We are then moving any units that (while following movement rules/rates) can make it to that fight, correct? It seemed that the way units were being moved around (by the cards) that the units individual movement rates were not important.

Most attack orders don't allow movement at all. To attack from multiple adjacent areas you have to already have have them surrounded.

The movement allowed on cards is limited by the unit's movement rate. If you choose a space to "assemble" in the units moving there must have a high enough movement rate to reach the space.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Christian
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Most attack orders don't allow movement at all. To attack from multiple adjacent areas you have to already have have them surrounded.

The movement allowed on cards is limited by the unit's movement rate. If you choose a space to "assemble" in the units moving there must have a high enough movement rate to reach the space.[/q]

Ok, but what if the units do not have enough to make it to the "assemble area"? Can they fall short, but still move?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.