Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Markus Klaas
Germany
Troisdorf
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hi there,

I wonder if there really is nobody out there who creates selfmade scenarios for CC...

Whith over 50 official, playtested and rather balanced scenarios, 3 campaigns and the RSG available, there is not really a need for new scenarios, but I cannot imagine that a system like CC is not used to create own scenarios by anybody...

Your thougts are welcome...

Mac

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
. .

Apex
North Carolina
msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
I think the reason you probably don't see a lot of that kind of thing is that the Random Scenario Generator is an endless source of new scenarios that are generally quick challenging and fun!

Now that Normandy is out with the campaign rules, etc. I think it'd be great to see someone put together some campaigns. There are now more leaders, etc. as well so that's kinda cool too as a handy device for scenario creation in a campaign setting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Pollock
Canada
Saskatoon
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah - sign me up as 'content with the random generator and the campaign engines'.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Buetow
United States
McHenry
Illinois
flag msg tools
Combat Commander Archivist
badge
Move! Advance! Fire! Rout! Recover! Artillery Denied! Artillery Request! Command Confusion...say what?!
mbmbmbmbmb
Umm.,..look in the Files section under "Giancarlo"...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Markus Klaas
Germany
Troisdorf
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Mark,

I admit that my eyes are not the best - I fail to find anything from Giancarlo in the filesection - what am i doing wrong ?!

Mac

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Buetow
United States
McHenry
Illinois
flag msg tools
Combat Commander Archivist
badge
Move! Advance! Fire! Rout! Recover! Artillery Denied! Artillery Request! Command Confusion...say what?!
mbmbmbmbmb
MacMarkus wrote:
Mark,

I admit that my eyes are not the best - I fail to find anything from Giancarlo in the filesection - what am i doing wrong ?!

Mac

Might be my fault...he did something for CCacific.
http://www.geekdo.com/filepage/51049/guadalcanal-mini-campai...

While I'm sure he put a lot of effort into it, I'm with those who stick with the published stuff and the RSG. It's got good "quality control."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gian Carlo Ceccoli
San Marino
Dogana, Repubblica San Marino
Repubblica San Marino
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Mark, thanks for speaking of my modest Battle Pack - Guadalcanal.
As I wrote, my work is a passionate unpretentious.
The Battle Pack may not be perfect in balance, but the scenarios are completely taken from historical texts.
Did you tried?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kai Jensen
United States
Santa Rosa
California
flag msg tools
badge
I was going to buy OverText but I didn't know what to say with it!
mbmbmbmbmb
MacMarkus wrote:
Hi there,

I wonder if there really is nobody out there who creates selfmade scenarios for CC...

Whith over 50 official, playtested and rather balanced scenarios, 3 campaigns and the RSG available, there is not really a need for new scenarios, but I cannot imagine that a system like CC is not used to create own scenarios by anybody...

Your thougts are welcome...

Mac

Mac, there was also a non-official scenario by Pascal Toupy in Battles #3. It has a lot of special rules (15 of them - and the last one has 16 parts of its own!). I don't know anyone who has played it, so I have no ideas on its balance or "fun factor". The Germans in Toupy's scenario are actually German soldier zombies, reanimated to fight the Allies in a desperate attempt to save Berlin. After reading through the SSRs, I was not sure if this was a scenario intended for play or just tongue-in-cheek fun.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Markus Klaas
Germany
Troisdorf
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
pitferret wrote:

[...] The Germans in Toupy's scenario are actually German soldier zombies, reanimated to fight the Allies in a desperate attempt to save Berlin [...]

Hmmmm, sounds interesting - I'd like to see the counter artwork ninja

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pascal TOUPY
France
talence
Aquitaine
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
pitferret wrote:
[q="MacMarkus"] so I have no ideas on its balance or "fun factor". The Germans in Toupy's scenario are actually German soldier zombies, reanimated to fight the Allies in a desperate attempt to save Berlin. After reading through the SSRs, I was not sure if this was a scenario intended for play or just tongue-in-cheek fun.

Hi Kai
the Battles #3 scenario has been very well playtested and all the feedback I've got from players says that it's fun and challenging for both sides. There is some more SSRs than usual because of the special abilities of the Sturmzombies. Players seem to like it as they've asked for more Sturmzombies goodness...
I know that you have the magazine, why wouldn't you give the scenario a try?!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kai Jensen
United States
Santa Rosa
California
flag msg tools
badge
I was going to buy OverText but I didn't know what to say with it!
mbmbmbmbmb
bonzillou wrote:
I know that you have the magazine, why wouldn't you give the scenario a try?!

My best excuse... lack of time. Chad has four new games coming out this year and I do development work on all of them. That and a full-time job cut into my gaming time in a serious way. That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it... for now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pascal TOUPY
France
talence
Aquitaine
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
chad is right... I'll try to motivate my wife for some playtesting too!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.