Subject: Any Idea When This Will Go to Print? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brian Downing
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
Hello,

Can anyone give me a basic timeline for when this P-500 edition will print and ship? I mean, are we talking weeks or months? Any way we can get a number for how many have been ordered already?

Thanks,

Brian

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Walker
United States
Henry
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
'65 Squad Level Combat in Vietnam. On Kickstarter!
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, the basic time line would be months. Still working on map art.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Walker
United States
Henry
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
'65 Squad Level Combat in Vietnam. On Kickstarter!
mbmbmbmbmb
P500 for a year is nothing. The two large companies in the industry frequently have P500 titles for over a year, and these are games that often have over 1,000 orders.

There isn't a P500 genie that summons the game magically once it hits 500 orders. Nor is posting orders helpful.Yes, GMT, Z-Man, and even MMP get sweet P500 numbers that are both impressive and encouraging, often exceding 1,000 orders. That IS NOT how it goes for the rest of us. With the exception of ATZ, LNLP rarely gets a game that accumulates even 300 pre-orders. So, we go to press with what we have. But if I was to post that Summer Lightning, for example (I game we desperately want to publish for numerous reasons), has only 127 orders after a year, it wouldn't generate a rush of orders...not at all...in fact, it would work against us. Most folks response would be "Ah, that'll never reach P500," and they would flip the page to the next game.

That said, I intend to get Forgotten Heroes 2 to the printer on November 12th.

Mark
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.