Recommend
3 
 Thumb up
 Hide
13 Posts

Wargames» Forums » General

Subject: What games are there for... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Justin Jensen
United States
Fredericksburg
VA
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been watching and reading the BGG and Wargames boards for a while now, and I'm wondering if there are any games you would recommend for the following topics:

Seven Years War

I am aware of Frederick the Great and the more recent Clash of Monarchs, but is there something for the theatre war in North America? And not an individual battle like Quebec 1759?

Thirty Years War

I am aware of Thirty Years War: Europe in Agony, 1618-1648.

Hussite Wars

Yeah, I don't expect there to be a game about this...http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hussite_Wars


Thanks for looking in!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Pariseau
United States
Tulsa
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Wilderness War
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
"L'état, c'est moi."
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Roger's Reviews: check out my reviews page, right here on BGG!
badge
Caution: May contain wargame like substance
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Wilderness War would be a fit for the 7 years war in North America and is being reprinted by GMT this summer.

GMT's also publishing Won by the Sword this year, but if you want smaller scale, any of the Musket & Pike Battle Series would fit the bill.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill the Pill
United States
Oneonta
New York
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
madslaust wrote:

Seven Years War

I am aware of Frederick the Great and the more recent Clash of Monarchs, but is there something for the theatre war in North America? And not an individual battle like Quebec 1759?

Quebec 1759 is actually about the whole war for Canada.
For a counter game, try
Quelques Arpents de Neige: The Seven Years War in North America
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Paradis
Canada
montreal
Québec
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
DrFlanagan wrote:
madslaust wrote:

Seven Years War

I am aware of Frederick the Great and the more recent Clash of Monarchs, but is there something for the theatre war in North America? And not an individual battle like Quebec 1759?

Quebec 1759 is actually about the whole war for Canada.
For a counter game, try
Quelques Arpents de Neige: The Seven Years War in North America


There is also a nice solitaire game from Victory Point Games:
Empires in America
Empires in America Expansion Kit
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kent Reuber
United States
San Mateo
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
There are a couple of Hussite battles involving Jan Zizka in Ancient Battles Deluxe Expansion Kit 3: Strange Ordnance. This is an expansion; you'll need at least the base set.
1 
 Thumb up
0.01
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Jensen
United States
Fredericksburg
VA
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
leroy43 wrote:
Wilderness War would be a fit for the 7 years war in North America and is being reprinted by GMT this summer.

GMT's also publishing Won by the Sword this year, but if you want smaller scale, any of the Musket & Pike Battle Series would fit the bill.


Reprints are always a good thing.

DrFlanagan wrote:
Quebec 1759 is actually about the whole war for Canada.
For a counter game, try
Quelques Arpents de Neige: The Seven Years War in North America

It is?? I only know it because it's Columbia Games, it includes Montreal?

bleakgeek wrote:


Also being reprinted. I have more options than I thought. Thanks gents!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Jensen
United States
Fredericksburg
VA
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
kentreuber wrote:
There are a couple of Hussite battles involving Jan Zizka in Ancient Battles Deluxe Expansion Kit 3: Strange Ordnance. This is an expansion; you'll need at least the base set.
I'm tickled pink that there is even that much for the Hussites! Awesome!

edit: Prokop took over after the death of Zizka, so there's 4 battles from the Hussite Wars!

WHEEEE!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mochara c
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Soldier Kings covers the Seven Years War on all fronts.

Don't overlook the good ol' Thirty Years War Quads from SPI/DG -- quick playing, stripped down classic wargaming, there.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeff miller
United States
West Jefferson
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Prussia's Defiant Stand is a nice playable, fairly balanced Seven Years War game if you like block games.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.