5 Posts

Here I Stand» Forums » Strategy

Subject: Average turn of ending rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Doug Muir
Germany
flag msg tools

I'm just wondering: what's the average turn for ending a HIS game? I have the impression that most games end around turns 5-6; I've only ever seen one go all the way to Turn 9 (though that may be because several promising games got abandoned).

Of games that are played all the way through to a victory, what's the average?

Doug M.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Beach
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
My observation is that it is highly dependent on the experience level of the group playing. With 6 players who know HIS well, I'd expect the average to be about 7 turns. My guess is that with new players it is closer to 5. Experienced players are much better at seeing a threat to win emerge so they can deal with it preemptively before it is too late.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Paradis
Canada
montreal
Qu├ębec
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I would say turn 6.

Less with newbie players (Turn 5) and more with experienced people (turn 6, turn 7, or maybe even turn 8).

I have never seen a game go up to the very last turn in the tens I have played, but would love to. To see Elisabeth on the Englsih throne at least once would also be extra-nice.

Interestingly enough, most "long" games tend to be very close-fought contests, with most players have similar victory point totals. This speak volumes for the excellent design of this game, especially since it's a multi-player one. Usually in other multi-player games, some powers tend to be squashed forever at one point or another: Not so in this game!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
LONDON
flag msg tools
mbmb
I've played a dozen times OTB and we are between three and six turns - with five being the most common.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Ting
msg tools
In my games someone generally wins within the first three turns.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.