Agricola» Forums » Rules

Subject: Academic Minor Improvement and Outhouse rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Pickering
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Hi

I was playing a game the other day when someone played the outhouse Minor improvement card when another player had the Academic minor improvement card already out. Does the Academic card count as two Occupations for the purposes of the outhouse card. Its not very clear

Could someone help

regards

MLP2000

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike T
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
The Academic counts as 2 occupations.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Pickering
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
For Just that player or all? My take was that the 2 occupation benefit was for the purposes of playing your own minor improvement cards. Not in relation to other players hence the issue with the Outhouse.

regards

mlp2000

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryann Turner
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
smcmike wrote:

For everything. It counts for Reeve and for Outhouse, too, even if played by another player.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eugene van der Pijll
Netherlands
Den Haag
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
btizo wrote:
smcmike wrote:

For everything.

Except Bookshelf and Bread Paddle.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lord Chambers
msg tools
And Patron.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kasper Baack
Netherlands
Enschede
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mlp2000 wrote:
For Just that player or all? My take was that the 2 occupation benefit was for the purposes of playing your own minor improvement cards. Not in relation to other players hence the issue with the Outhouse.

regards

mlp2000

It counts just for the player who played it, for purposes of playing minor improvements, with the exception of the outhouse. If there's any other player with just 1 occupation the outhouse is still playable though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Pickering
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Kasper

Ok now I am confused as your answer seems to contradict the others

In the game player 1 had academic and no occupations. player 2 wanted to play Outhouse which is subject to at least one player having less than 2 occupations players 3 & 4 all had 2 or more occupations. The confusion was over whether outhouse could be played because player 1 said her academic counted as 2 occupations for that purpose. so I need some clarification on this to be clear the person playing outhouse was not the person with the academic.

many thanks for all the replies a definitive answer would be great

even though I think on the day I got it wrong!

kind regards

MLP2000

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike T
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
The Academic counts as two occupations for that purpose. Once in play, it counts as two occupations for all purposes.

It doesn't count as playing two occupations and doesn't double-trigger the Bookshelf, Bread Paddle, or Patron (or Perpetual Student or Educator), but for anything that checks number of occupations in play, it counts as two. Player 2 could not play the Outhouse.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.