Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kevin Garnica
United States
West Covina
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay, I think this was already addressed, but you know how it is: you never believe the answer unless it follows the question the way YOU would have worded it. So, sorry if I'm being repetitive here, but......

After offerings have been paid and the first player (on the first god tile) finishes their actions, where do they place their offering marker on the turn track, on the first space (#1) or on the bottom space (#5)? I've only participated in games in which the rule was to go to the #1 spot, but I'm not so sure.

The ambiguous wording in the rules says it goes on the "first space available" (if memory serves correctly), but the illustration in my rules clearly depict the first player placing his marker on the #5 spot, along with the next player placing it on the #4 spot! What do they mean by "first"??? Furthermore, it says something to the effect that the last player will be first during the next cycle's offering phase. Is the wording just misleading? Does it mean the "highest" spot available, "highest" meaning closest to the top of the board (the #1 spot)???

So which is it? And does it honestly make a game-changing difference? I'd like to pin down the official answer, once and for all, at least for my sanity. Thanks in advance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Neumann
United States
Whitefish Bay
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
In life you have to do a lot of things you don't f*cking want to do. Many times, that's what the f*ck life is... one vile f*cking task after another.
mb
We've always played that it goes on the highest numbered space. For example, in a five player game, the person who played the first god action would put their piece on the '5' spot on the turn order track. The next would place theirs on the '4' space, etc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Pardoe
United States
flag msg tools
badge
pacman88k wrote:
The ambiguous wording in the rules says it goes on the "first space available" (if memory serves correctly)

Actually, under 5) Performing Actions, the rules state: When the player is done with is actions, he places his offering marker on the last free space of the turn track

which is consistent with the example of play illustration. So I suspect you are misremembering what the rules actually say.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Garnica
United States
West Covina
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great! Thanks for the clarification.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.