Mark Sautman
United States
Evans
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm confused. I bought a copy of this on Ebay that was supposedly never played. The rulebook says there are 189 counters and 2 player aid cards. The back of the box states that there are 210 counters from 3 counter sheets and one player aid. When I go to MMP's store, it says 140 counters. My game has 224 counters and one player aid.

I did a comparison to the posted 3 sets of countersheet photos. Everything seemed to match except that I seem to have 65 generic infrantry counters whereas the posted images of countersheets only seem to have 30.

Can anybody help clarify what the situation is? Is there a detailed breakdown of the counters?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Young
Canada
Victoria
BC
flag msg tools
Old Ways Are Best!
badge
Check Six!
mbmbmbmbmb
I seem to recall a post which told of a issue that came up in play testing which saw a shortage of some units was possible. The game components had already been shipped to the publisher so the "staff solution" was to include an extra counter sheet which contained some extra of the units in question. But, that same sheet also contained extra units which were not supposed to be in the game (knights/chevaliers and gunners if I recall correctly), so the advice was to include the generic pieces but exclude the extra specialized pieces. I thought there was a note in my game that explained this and assisted in determining how to make sure you set out the right amounts of everything...

Have you checked the early threads on this game that might assist?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
Yellow Springs
Ohio
flag msg tools
Si non potes reperire Berolini in tabula, ludens essetis non WIF.
badge
Hey, get your stinking cursor off my face! I got nukes, you know.
mbmbmbmbmb
Bubslug has it right. Use the extra generic infantry markers; set aside the other units from the duplicate countersheet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Sautman
United States
Evans
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for explaining the situation.

Thumb up