Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrew Parsons
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Guys

A bit confused on this one...

Say Mortarion is stacked with Death Guard Chaos Marines attacking an area containing two Blood Angel Space Marine units and an Imperial Tank division which has one point of damage.

a) As soon as the Chaos units engage the Imperials the Blood Angel combat ranks are reduced to 2 each and the Imperial Tank Division is removed as a casualty.

Is that correct?

b) This means that the Imperial player will only draw 2 combat card as his total rank is now 4 (originally he would have drawn 4 cards as his starting ombat rank was 8).

Is that correct?

c) As the battle rages the Chaos player invokes 4 points of damage on the Blood Angels.

As each Blood Angels units is now combat rank 2 does that mean both are destroyed?

d) The converse is true for Dorn ability - if, say, an Imperial Infantry Division is defending with Dorn and a unit of Imperial Fists Space Marines in a fortification and therefore its combat rank is increased to 3 - can it now assume three points of damage before being destroyed?

e) Say it takes two points of damage - what happens when the battle ends? Is it removed as a casulaty at that point?

Regards

Andy

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristofer Bengtsson
Sweden
Kävlinge
flag msg tools
designer
War of the Ring: Official FAQ Master! Webmaster of www.warofthering.eu Author of the War of the Ring Companion
badge
- This is My Hour!
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe you are corerct on all points.

Regarding question e, yes the tank will be destroyed once the battle is finished.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Parsons
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thanks Kristofer

If you're right - wow!!! - that makes Mortarion very powerful as it appears as if his ability applies both when he attacks AND when he defends...

As for my question e) I clearly meant to say that Imperial "Tank" Division not "Infantry."

Cheers

Andy

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.