Subject: Falmouth - Quebec Line and Political Control rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sean Killelea
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Apologies if this has been answered already here or I missed it in the rules.

Can Political Control trace across the Falmouth - Quebec connection?

I had a situation where the Colonials held Quebec and Montreal with an army stationed in Montreal, and also had Politcal Control of Falmouth. The British were strong in New England, and held Political Control of both Concord, NH and Boston, MA. Is it permissable for Falmouth to trace back to Quebec via the 'Arnold Only' connection to avoid isolation? or is the Falmouth PC marker isolated and removed?

Thanks for the help.

SKilly

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Young
Canada
Victoria
BC
flag msg tools
Old Ways Are Best!
badge
Check Six!
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think "Arnold only" includes PCs. Nor do I think it actually represent a physical route at all but is simply an in-game mechanism for Arnold to operate in a quasi-historical way. For the purposes of political isolation I would pretend it doesn't exist.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Rubin
United States
Trenton
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
"It may be doubted whether so small a number of men ever employed so short a space of time with greater or more lasting effects upon the history of the world.” — Sir George Otto Trevelyan on the Battles of Trenton and Princeton
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think it's cut and dry. The definition of Adjacent includes
Quote:
If the American General, Arnold is in either Falmouth, MA or Quebec, Canada,
the other space is adjacent to Arnold only, traced along the dashed Wilderness Connection.

"Arnold only" is the difficult part; it is not true, as CUs commanded by Arnold certainly treat Falmouth and Quebec as adjacent. It seems, maybe, that Arnold's presence makes the two adjacent, perhaps for all purposes.

Joel will surely be here shortly to clean up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Killelea
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmm. No response from Joel yet. I wonder if they are still trying to decide on this one. It wasn't a big deal as it was just one PC marker, but it definitely vexed us.

SKilly

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Pardoe
United States
flag msg tools
badge
From CSW, where Mark Herman has answered my emphasis
Mark Herman wrote:
We could have done a better job here, but Falmouth-Quebec are NOT adjacent per the glossary rule. The presence of Arnold has no impact on political isolation. For political isolation purposes there is no connection between the spaces.

The spaces are adjacent for Arnold only because he can intercept along this route, which no other general can do. It is also adjacent for Arnold because he can move and retreat along this route also.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Killelea
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks a lot for closing the loop on this for me. That makes sense and it wasn't a major issue, just an interesting thing to come up in our third game.

SKilly

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.