5 Posts

Horus Heresy (2010)» Forums » Strategy

Subject: Bombard card distribution rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steve W
Canada
flag msg tools
Some stats I generated out of curiosity. Not double-checked at all yet.

Damage
------
Precise: 1.5 average damage, 1.14 standard deviation
Reckless: 1.69 average damage, 2.32 standard deviation
Thunderhawk (per): 1.09 average damage, 0.73 standard deviation

Breaches
--------
Precise: 0.38 average, 0.48 standard deviation
Reckless: 0.19 average, 0.4 standard deviation

Laser defence
-------------
1 Laser: 0.19 average, 0.4 standard deviation
2 Lasers: 0.41 average, 0.5 standard deviation
3 Lasers: 0.63 average, 0.49 standard deviation
4 Lasers: 0.78 average, 0.42 standard deviations

So reckless bombardment is slightly higher average damage than precise with a much larger swing up and down. If you really need to breach a zone, though, precision fire really seems like the way to go.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Engstrom
United States
Mount Prospect
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Grey Dolphin Games
mbmbmbmbmb
True, curiously, there are 12 breach cards for precise, and 6 breach cards for reckless. In general, I look at the cards I draw for my opening corruption. If I see a lot of no effects drawn for reckless, I usually call those. If I see high damage card for reckless, I settle on precise.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cody
United States
Agoura Hills
Select state
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Notice NONE of the bombardment cards with the Eagle on them do ANY damage in reckless strikes.

However 12 of the 16 chaos bombardment cards do reckless damage and 16/16 chaos cards do precision damage.

It looks like a balancing mechanism that was engineered into the game to keep the Imperial player from getting so heavily corrupted and bombarded from the get go as to cripple him.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sainthale 1988
msg tools
that would explain the feeling that either my bombardemnts have worked well or corruption, never both (so far)

I've played it safe and always called presicion strikes (chip away) and only done reckless with magnus for that double chance.

however as all gamers know every time i've had the choice were it didn't really matter and i did prisise to be on the safe side i've drawn the 5 damage + breach on reckless every time!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.