James Fung
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I couldn't find it in the forums, but can you resolve Event 28, "... we're fighting blind out here..." after Operation Sutton has started? I don't think so because of 2.2.2, but I wanted to double check.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AlexL
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think you still have the option of resolving the card, per 12.2.1:
Quote:
12.2.1 Event Cards.
Remove all remaining Event Cards in the pack permanently from the game, but leave in play all those Event Cards currently face up on the Board (they may subsequently be removed if the conditions detailed for the card are met).

As I'm at work *cough* I can't remember what the resolution conditions for event 28 are. If it's one of those cards that demands you take ships out of action, presumably you'd do at at the TF disposition step.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Wakeham
United Kingdom
Chester
Cheshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It has (sort of) been answered previously, possibly at CSW. I'll try and find the link. Basically someone had drawn event 28 on the turn they were to launch Operation Sutton. The answer from Dan was that they could perform the withdrawl on the event (and roll back one SitRep card) at that point as they had not yet drawn the final Sitrep card. If not, the datalink would be down for the whole of the landings. I think the implication from this is that once Operation Sutton is underway "withdrawl" events cannot be performed as you would end up reverting to SitRep 16 and effectively cancelling the landings. Even though the event may be face up on the table and the card not discarded with the rest of the event deck, unfortunately the lingering effect of the event will remain once Operation Sutton is underway.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AlexL
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh...that event. Fortunately I've only ever drawn it relatively early in the game.

Ah well, my answer was mostly correct. In this case however, it looks like Fusag is going to have a particularly exciting time during the landings.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Fung
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
batdog wrote:
It has (sort of) been answered previously, possibly at CSW. I'll try and find the link. Basically someone had drawn event 28 on the turn they were to launch Operation Sutton. The answer from Dan was that they could perform the withdrawl on the event (and roll back one SitRep card) at that point as they had not yet drawn the final Sitrep card. If not, the datalink would be down for the whole of the landings. I think the implication from this is that once Operation Sutton is underway "withdrawl" events cannot be performed as you would end up reverting to SitRep 16 and effectively cancelling the landings. Even though the event may be face up on the table and the card not discarded with the rest of the event deck, unfortunately the lingering effect of the event will remain once Operation Sutton is underway.

Yeah, that's exactly what happened to me. The relevant section of 2.2.2 I was referring to was "Once this special Operation Sutton Card is revealed, it remains face-up on the Board for the duration of the game." I was wondering if I could temporarily withdraw the task force for a day (and not make landing that day, obviously) to repair the radars once the landings were established, but I guess not. Even if no ships are placed in the San Carlos waters, the troops still need to land their equipment and supplies, so the task force can't just abandon them. There's bad blood between the US Navy and Marines from Guadalcanal for that very reason...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Workman
United States
Phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've had the "opposite" problem. What happens when you draw it on day 1? It is not one of those that says to discard and draw another if drawn on turn one, and you can't go to the previous sit-rep like it says because nothing is previous to 1. I treated it like I had to stay at sit-rep 1 for that turn and couldn't advance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Wakeham
United Kingdom
Chester
Cheshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
KillerB wrote:
I've had the "opposite" problem. What happens when you draw it on day 1? It is not one of those that says to discard and draw another if drawn on turn one, and you can't go to the previous sit-rep like it says because nothing is previous to 1. I treated it like I had to stay at sit-rep 1 for that turn and couldn't advance.

Dan's previously answered this to the effect that the way he plays it is to discard the event card, move the Turn marker ahead one day and move onto the next phase. Effectively you lose a day.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.