Yoki Erdtman
Sweden
Södertälje
flag msg tools
badge
Handsome devil huh?
mbmbmbmbmb
Board to Death TV reviews Dust.

They give it 8 out of 10 and summarize the game thusly.

What's Cool:
The setting and artwork is nice.
Each round, a player will have a special ability.
The turn order changes according to initiatives.
The battles are short, simple, and fun.
You get a hell of a lot of tokens.
The board is nice and has no creases.

What's Not:
Not enough summary cards for players.
No summary cards for special abilities.

Neutral Information:
There is a Victory Point track – Not World Domination.
Two versions of playing the game are included.

P.S. I have permission to post the Board to Death reviews at this site.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Maloney
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason." -Jack Handey
mbmbmbmbmb
Too bad they didn't describe how combat works. Still, it's nice to have a video review for this game. Thanks for posting!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Leoncavallo
United States
Rockland
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
After watching the review I can't help but draw a bit of a comparison too the old Command and Conquer: Red Alert series of computer games. Thoughts?

Sounds like something I would definitely enjoy of that is the case.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freddy Dekker
Netherlands
Friesland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I won't claim to totaly understand the rules after watching this, but the game looks like it might be fun.
One problem I see with this is that of overcrowding.

I mean, if you get a lot of units on a certain position, well obviously no more than one will fit, so it's going to be like a reall messy chaotic kind of thing.
I don't think I'll like that.

That's one thing I disliked about the original A&A, the map simply was too small to hold large armies.

So looks like fun, but I'm still not totaly convinced.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Otto
United States
kinnelon
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mb
I'm thinking maybe you could use chips to represent multiple units ala
Axis&Allies.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Klaus Brune
United States
Torrance
California
flag msg tools
badge
HEY! That TICKLES!
mbmbmbmbmb
ottob1 wrote:
I'm thinking maybe you could use chips to represent multiple units ala
Axis&Allies.

The problem there is that the rules state that the forces you are allowed to have on the board are specifically limited by your inventory of available units - 60 tanks, 20 mechs, 20 fighters, 15 bombers, 15 subs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Brown
United States
Olympia
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sagitar wrote:
I won't claim to totaly understand the rules after watching this, but the game looks like it might be fun.
One problem I see with this is that of overcrowding.

I mean, if you get a lot of units on a certain position, well obviously no more than one will fit, so it's going to be like a reall messy chaotic kind of thing.
I don't think I'll like that.

That's one thing I disliked about the original A&A, the map simply was too small to hold large armies.

So looks like fun, but I'm still not totaly convinced.

The truth is this game takes around 5 to 7 rounds to finish (premium version). There just isn't enough time to build a HUGE force. Anyone taking the time to do so will be overrun very quickly. This is why I really like this game, interaction begins turn one and doesn't stop until the end. There is never a time you end your turn thinking "Ah, I am safe for this round, no one can touch me..". You can always be touched, you are never safe (I know that sounds creepy).

I will point out that the video is wrong about setup. You recieve a hand of 6 cards before actually placing troops. This is important because you take one of the cards and play it to determine setup order. I like this because it immediately forces you to decide if you would like to use a high initiative card to get the capital you want or save it for later during gameplay. Just thought I would point that out. Really like the vid.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Leoncavallo
United States
Rockland
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sagitar wrote:

For me that's actually a positive for some reason. I like the idea of a huge jumbled mess of units all over the board.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.