Popular Tags: [View All]
Kissa
United States
flag msg tools
La vie est un jeu
badge
Panem et Circenses
mbmbmbmbmb
Does each new marker need to start at level 1? ... or if I already have a marker on the bottom line of level 1, can I start a new marker on the bottom line of level 2 and then the 3rd marker on the bottom line of level 3? L = level,oo = no marker placed in the top track, and x = markers in order of placement 1 - 3.

L1 L2 L3
oo oo oo
x1 x2 x3

OR do they have to go in order and be advanced one space at a time before a new one can take its old place?

L1 L2 L3
oo oo oo
x3 x2 x1

In the first example I would only need 3 favors; in the second example I would need 6 favors to achieve the same result.

Then once in the positions above, I assume they could be moved up or down in each respective column for the cost of one favor per movement.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael J
United States
Folsom
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought the rulebook was slightly confusing on favor track placement.

We played that all markers had to come onto the board at level 1, meaning that you had to abandon a spot to make room for a new marker at level 1 since two markers can't share a spot (e.g. move a level 1 marker to level 2). I'm not sure if we played it correctly either, so hopefully someone else can clarify. In your example, I'd choose example 2.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clement Tey
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This has already been answered before in the Ystari Box forums.

First Favour:
oo oo oo
x1 oo oo

Regardless of which position you chose for the first favour, it can be moved to the second level like so:
oo x1 oo
oo oo oo

OR

oo oo oo
oo x1 oo

OR

x2 oo oo
x1 oo oo

I'll remain subscribed to this just in case you need more clarifications or examples?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lauri Kauhanen
msg tools
I know that I am 6 years late but hopefully someone answers anyway. How many markers can there be at the board at any given time?

Also, is this viable move?

Start position
oo oo oo
x1 oo oo

What happens next
x1 oo oo
oo oo oo
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.