Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
9 Posts

18xx» Forums » General

Subject: 12th Annual West Coast 18xx Tournament, June 10-13, 2010, Portland, OR rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Shaffer
United States
San Francisco
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Join us for three days of the best 18xx railroad gaming on the West Coast! If you enjoy 18xx games, (or if you think you would) there is no better place to play than here! Most of the popular titles will be featured along with some rare ones!

Location: Hilton Garden Inn Portland Airport (free airport shuttle) 12048 NE Airport Way, Portland, OR

Rooms: $96/night + tax. You MUST Call the hotel (503)255-8600 for reservations to get this special rate

Cost: $20 per day at the door or $40 for the entire event if you register by June 1, 2010

“Early Bird” open 18xx gaming opens 8:30am Thursday, June 10. Official Tournament Event begins 8am Friday, June 11.

To register, send your name and registration fee to:
Dave Blanchard
5301 NE 146th St
Vancouver, WA 98686

For more information call (360) 828-1182 or ask on the 18xx YahooGroup.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JR
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
Memento ferrugo
badge
Memento ferrugo
mbmbmbmbmb
Already registered and passport showed up in the mail already, so it's on!

Chris: Do I understand it that if I were to miss one of the game slots during the weekend (like Saturday morning) it would be of no bearing on the tournament since games are all sort of just played as pick-up games? I don't mind if missing a game hurts my own results as I am just there for the games and not really concerned about overall standings.

I'm riding down there and hoping to get in touch with a local group of riders to go for a tour around some fun roads in the area, but it will of course require missing one of the game slots. I'm probably going to shoot for early Saturday morning and just miss one game.

Anyways, see you there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J C Lawrence
United States
Campbell
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Two friends are going from this area. I'm still on the fence, but it is becoming increasingly likely.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Flood
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll be there!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Shaver
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
Me too!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Burster of Bubbles, Destroyer of Dreams.
United States
Sunnyvale
California
flag msg tools
Just imagine the red offboard up here. I'll create it Real Soon Now...
badge
Yes, I know a proper 18XX tile should have a tile number.
mbmbmbmbmb
jrebelo wrote:
A[...] if I were to miss one of the game slots during the weekend (like Saturday morning) it would be of no bearing on the tournament since games are all sort of just played as pick-up games? I don't mind if missing a game hurts my own results as I am just there for the games and not really concerned about overall standings.

The rumor is that a majority of the attendees, even the sharks, don't care about the tournament, and are just there to play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Shaffer
United States
San Francisco
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jrebelo wrote:
Chris: Do I understand it that if I were to miss one of the game slots during the weekend (like Saturday morning) it would be of no bearing on the tournament since games are all sort of just played as pick-up games? I don't mind if missing a game hurts my own results as I am just there for the games and not really concerned about overall standings.

This is my first year, but it's my understanding you can play what you want when you want and totally ignore the tournament if you choose.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Runs with scissors
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
The die is cast.
badge
You say OCD like it's a bad thing.
mbmbmbmbmb
You can pretty much play anything you want as long as you can get others to agree to it. For many of us the points and the scoring are pretty much in the background. It didn't dictate any of my decisions on what to play. It's pretty low key and fun.

Missing one evening of games will in no way affect your ability to spend the rest of the time playing. It will only affect your score.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Breno K.
Brazil
Brasília
Distrito Federal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If envy could kill, I'd be a talking zombie right now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.