Popular Tags: [View All]
Jon Sharp
United States
Bloomingdale
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In July of last year, I began running. My wife had recently lost 40 pounds by running, and I felt like a fat, sweaty slob at my 300 lbs (6'5"). So, my motivation was to give her the man that she deserved. I started slowly. After all, 1 mile is a long way when you have never run before, but I have slowly worked my way up. Currently, my weight sits at about 245. I am incredibly proud of what I have accomplished, but that is not why I am posting this.

My wife and I will be running a 1/2 marathon (13.1 miles) together on May 16th. We had talked about using this event to raise money and awareness for a cause that we cared about, childhood cancer. My niece had been suffering since she was diagnosed at 3 with lukemia, and we felt like anything we could do to help would make us feel like we were at least doing something. In Febuary, my niece died at the age of 7. This just cemented in us the fact that we would do everything we could to try to keep other families from having to go through this.

We are raising money for a charity called Alex's Lemonade Stand. It is a charity that focuses on childhood cancer. The link is below if you would like to learn more about it or donate through our race page.

http://www.alexslemonade.org/stands/19763

I have seen how wonderful the people of BGG can be, and I hope that some of you will be able to donate. Please, don't feel obligated, but anything you are able to give would be appreciated. If you decide to, it will ask for your name. Please include BGG somewhere in the field (or just put BGG if you would like to remain anonymous)so that I can report back how generous everyone here was.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.