Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Roman F
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In case anyone doesn’t know, this scenario is included in the Hero Pack 1 set.

My playing group and I have found this scenario to be the most challenging for the heroes thus far, which has made it one of the most fun. It took us 5 tries until the heroes finally won, and even then it was only on the very last turn after getting a lot of breaks.

One caveat is that except for the first time we played the game, we have used Survival Decks and Grave Weapons. I think this benefits the zombies more than the heroes for 2 primary reasons: 1) Zombies have Auto-Spawn, making Grave Weapons more powerful 2) The heroes have to use 6 searches on number counters, diminishing their ability to search Survival Decks. For that reason, I suggest that anyone who adds Survival Decks and Grave Weapons offsets it by changing so that 4 heroes must be killed, instead of 3 as specified by the scenario.

There is a sort of weird rule in that the heroes can find another hero who they immediately add to their team. My questions are:

- Does the new hero get a turn on the turn in which he/she is found? My guess would be yes.
- Does the new hero get a starting card in accordance with the Hero Start Cards (1) rule? We played that they did.

One critique of this scenario is that it heavily turns on this rule of “Find a new hero”. There’s a 50-50 chance it will be a Zombie Hero, which could totally screw the hero team (we’ve seen it happen), and a 50-50 chance it will be a Hero, who can totally boost the team. When the heroes finally won this scenario, a huge part of it was that they found 2 heroes along the way and ended up taking 6 turns on the hero turn, which it made it pretty hard for the zombies to keep up. The first was Rachelle, who showed up with her Revolver and the 2nd was Becky, who’s Hero Start card was a Shotgun. Like I said, even then, it came down to the very last turn and we needed a die roll of 3 or better to get one of the Townsfolk Survivors to another hero who could then get the TS to the Truck. (Truthfully we only needed a 1 to accomplish this because we had “Escape Through the Windows” and wouldn’t you know it, we rolled a 1 but you can’t count on having that card).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.