Popular Tags: [View All]
Dave J McWeasely
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
I put down the Bank, then I gave 'em the Works.
Ha ha, just kidding. I wouldn't have you click through for that.

Galactic Developers face Ancient Race.

Turn 1:
GDs call: Dev/Dev
AR calls: +1+1/Trade

GD puts down Mercanaries and Imperium Cloaking Device, both free, and the ends turn at 4 cards
AR puts down Space Marines and ends the turn holding 6 cards.

Turn 2:
GDs call: Settle/Settle
AR calls: Settle/Trade

Excellent, AR's call of Trade falls neatly into my plan.
AR plays Alien Robot Sentry and trades for 5.
GDs play Black Market Trading World (free with cloak) and Uplift Reptiles and trades for 4.

It was a great start, and a red banner day for both Imperium Cloaking Device and Black Market Trading World. I went on to Settle-spam him to death with Terraforming Guild and goal hunting.

http://www.flexboardgames.com/games/2708
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Samuel Cross
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
This is a killer--esp with the late genes push and the rebels to top it off. Ow. It's rare that I manage to make use of the cloaking device; rarer still the trading world.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt N

Pennsylvania
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I perpetually dream of the black market trading world double settle, but it's so hard to pull off due to the 3 cost, meaning that you'd need an explore to make it work on the first turn. Later on it can happen, but by then I've often lost the world by paying for something.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Serge Levert
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Stunna wrote:
I perpetually dream of the black market trading world double settle, but it's so hard to pull off due to the 3 cost, meaning that you'd need an explore to make it work on the first turn. Later on it can happen, but by then I've often lost the world by paying for something.

I could see BMTW being a decent opening with Alpha Centauri vs Ancient Race. 2pa Set/Prod hand "reset" is 99% guaranteed to work. In multiplayer you could even do it as Ancient Race when Alpha Centauri is out, if you have a backup cheaper settle (or you can explore and hope someone settles). If someone explores you upgrade your settle to BMTW.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd McCorkle
United States
Anderson
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
entranced wrote:
Stunna wrote:

I could see BMTW being a decent opening with Alpha Centauri vs Ancient Race. 2pa Set/Prod hand "reset" is 99% guaranteed to work. In multiplayer you could even do it as Ancient Race when Alpha Centauri is out, if you have a backup cheaper settle (or you can explore and hope someone settles). If someone explores you upgrade your settle to BMTW.

(sliding off topic)
2pa game, I was alpha-C, nemesis was ancient race. The only thing that jumped out in my opening hand was trade league so I did exp+1/dev dumping my entire hand for the 6 dev (I think the 1st 6 dev goal was in play too ) and ended the turn with 4 new cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.