Last Night on Earth: The Zombie Game» Forums » General

Subject: More players rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ryer S
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
Hey is there a way to add more players in the game. I just had purchased the game and serious have a line of people to play it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Fisher
United States
Downingtown
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dead Sea Cow wrote:
Hey is there a way to add more players in the game. I just had purchased the game and serious have a line of people to play it.

How many would you want?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryer S
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
9 would be nice

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wulf Corbett
Scotland
Shotts
Lanarkshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
If you have 3 players playing 7 zombies each (using the extra set from Last Night on Earth: Growing Hunger), with 2 cards each, you might balance that out with 5 heroes - but 6 would be pushing it. You'd also have to pick the scenario carefully so more heroes wouldn't be an overwhelming advantage (for instance, they'd be able to do more searching). Of course, if you bought more Zombie figures, you could have more Zombies, and another player... But it would quickly start to get crowded!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryer S
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
I was looking at growing hunger that adds more to the board. Also I was looking at the zombie pilage game. Were the hero deck is the towns health. I dont understand it all---but your right. If there is a searching game it would would make it to easy for the heros. Unless you made it harder like you need 4 gas cans and keys. Then have the gas station setup as far away from the truck as possible.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Brichs
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The best way I would think of, is making the game a competetive game for the players.

What I'm thinking:
2 teams of 4 Heroes each (8 heroes in total), and a zombie player (best with 21 or 28 zombies - using the radioactive grave dead zombies, and the red zombies from growing Hunger. Alternatively, buying a Bag O' Zombies with 100 in it).

Use all the L-boards you have. Be creative in how you put them.

The Heroes would then have different goals, but involving the same things. For isntance: The "good" team is going to find the skull and the book, and go to the church and burn it all.
The "bad" team is going to find the skull and the book, go to the Evil Altar, and complete the spell to gain control of the Zombies.
The zombies want to eat everybody.

The Heroes can - of course - attack each other.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Finazzo
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you were going to play with that many heroes then the win condition for running out the hero deck becomes a greater threat. You would probably want all 5 expansions in play to beef up the deck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryer S
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
I was going to get some expansions for the board to try your idea Brichs. But then I saw sweet deal on innsmouth arkham horror expansion. But I really like the idea of having two objectives. Basically two scenarios like fill the truck and save the towns folk. Then the teams start fighting over supplies like gas and etc.. I don't know if they should be aloud to attack. But maybe play cards on each other. Just coming up with a good zombie spawn rate and board setup is the next hurdle.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryer S
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
Ya it would be fun to play cards that force one player on the other team to have to stand still for a turn. Letting the zombies to swarm them. The card could be call "Someone tied your shoe laces into a mega knot."

Or a card that will draw zombies up to 2 squares away toward you. "Zombie pheromones"

Or "Phat kids are always picked last." And the last person who was picked on the other team gets a -1 to movement dice roll.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Grey
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I tried LNOE with 8 players the other night and it was a complete disaster. It took 1 hour to go through about 3 turns, and this was with 7 LNOE veterans and 1 newbie.

I think your best bet would be to come up with a custom scenario that is short and simple, but still be prepared to sit for at least 3 hours, especially with newbies.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.