Planescape
United States
Eugene
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmb
I want to get a super hard co-op game and Arkham Horror seems to be the best game for it.

Should I wait for the newest small expansion; The Lurker one?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Markus
Finland
Helsinki
Uusimaa
flag msg tools
You don't need any more.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the hardest combo is probably Innsmouth Horror and Black Goat of the Woods. You get the hardest Ancient Ones, the hardest expansion board, the hardest herald and gate bursts both in Arkham and in Innsmouth.

If you're looking for a super hard co-op, Ghost Stories is a game you might also want to look into.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob T
United States
Mantua (near Woodbury)
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was gonna say everything Markus just said, almost word-for-word....Innsmouth, Black Goat, Gate Bursts, and Ghost Stories...yep, mega-dittos....

Other expansions give you helpful items and spells, Guardians, etc.... Black Goat gives you a steaming pile of EVIL to contend with; Gate Bursts, Corruptions, 3 extra Dark Young (who MOVE) and the worst Herald of all...

Innsmouth gives you super-powerful new Investigators who are overwhelmed by a hostile board, no new items or spells, some REALLY tough monsters, virtually unbeatable Old Ones, two ways to make Cthulhu even MORE invincible, several new ways to get Devoured, and a whole new way to awaken the Old One and end the world!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Planescape
United States
Eugene
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmb
Does any one know yet if the new small box expansion "Arkham Horror: The Lurker at the Threshold Expansion" will be harder/better than the Black Goat exp?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Markus
Finland
Helsinki
Uusimaa
flag msg tools
You don't need any more.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Fables429 wrote:
Does any one know yet if the new small box expansion "Arkham Horror: The Lurker at the Threshold Expansion" will be harder/better than the Black Goat exp?

No one knows. There has been only one preview, and while we know some of the new mechanics there is no telling how they will affect the game. However, I highly doubt that there will be anything more difficult in The Lurker than the Black Goat of the Woods herald.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Anderson
United States
Moorhead
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Fables429 wrote:
I want to get a super hard co-op game and Arkham Horror seems to be the best game for it.
Pandemic is probably harder. But other than both being co-op games there's not much else in common between the two games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Planescape
United States
Eugene
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmb
Would the game be the most difficult if you only chose 1 expansion to play with.

If this is the case which expansion would this be?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob T
United States
Mantua (near Woodbury)
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes: Innsmouth.

That's the only "big-box" exp I own, and it's TOUGH.

The whole thing's designed to thwart the large groups of good players who seem to always win easily. The Ancient Ones are nightmarish; Final Battles are a joke against some of them, you can't possibly beat them; and the board itself makes it almost impossible for less than 4 Investigators to win.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.