Descent: The Road to Legend» Forums » Rules

Subject: Tetherys rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Retired Hurt

Brussels
Unspecified
msg tools
How does Tetherys' ability (redirect your shot after seeing the die roll) interact with the archer ability that allows to shot from an adjacent square ?
Can tetherys decide from which square she fires after sseong the dice ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corbon Loughnan
Indonesia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Merrimac wrote:
How does Tetherys' ability (redirect your shot after seeing the die roll) interact with the archer ability that allows to shot from an adjacent square ?
Can tetherys decide from which square she fires after sseong the dice ?

Since deciding the target is step 1 in the combat mechanism and confirming LOS is step 2 in the combat mechanism, if she gets to change target then by definition she must redraw LOS. If she is redrawing LOS I can see no reason why she cannot redraw it from a new location - she has gone further back in the combat mechanism and should no longer be held to 'old choices' when redoing the combat mechanism after the point she gets to restart at (even though she is stuck with the dice roll and not completely redoing the whole mechanism).
Choosing a (valid) target after all does require assessing LOS, so rechoosing a (valid) target logically includes reassessing LOS capabilities.

It isn't clear and explicit, but IMO she can decide where she fires from after seeing the dice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James McMurray
msg tools
What Corbon said.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Clarke
United Kingdom
St Albans
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Since Crack Shot is very weak, and Teherys' ability is poor-to-mediocre, I'd go with that ruling just on the basis of balance, but I agree with the logic anyway.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Retired Hurt

Brussels
Unspecified
msg tools
The archer who, last saturday, was stranded in a web around the corner and failed 6 times to free himself would have appreciated Crack Shot.

ISTM that if you don't recognize its utility, it means that your OLs don't use Pits and Crushing Blocks optimally.
Furthermore, although it's illogical, I see no reason in the rules why you couldn't use the empty space on the other side of a closed door. Ifd it is so, then Crack Shot suddenly becomes a strong weapon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathaniel GOUSSET
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, remember that Crack shot allow the archer to shoot from behind a closed door. Something that can be usefull sometimes, especially in campaign.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.