Ajax
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi folks,

Let's have some fun and run a silly contest to promote the upcoming games from Stronghold Games: "Survive: Escape from Atlantis", "Code 777", and Robert Abbott's "Confusion".

We're going to be handing out a total of 60gg for carrying out one of several tasks/accomplishments related to Stronghold Games' presence here on BGG.
Every time you complete a task, you'll receive 1gg. The contest runs until we've spent 60gg or 10 days have elapsed (Note: The Geekgold won't be awarded to ANYONE until we owe 60gg. That way there's no cheating! )

We've divided the Geekgold up between the various tasks/accomplishments so if you're the only person to complete a task, you'll get a bundle of gold! Yes, you can complete multiple tasks!

If you can figure out what they are, you can either complete the task and/or send me a message with the task you've completed if necessary.

Maximum of TWO messages to me per person, please. You can list all the things you've seen/done for this contest, but only your first and second message to me will count! Give your message the heading "Contest Entry" so I'll be able to spot it.

Here are your first hints:

1) All of these tasks/accomplishments can be carried out right here on the 'Geek.

2) All of these tasks are related to Stronghold Games or our upcoming products.

3) At least one of the tasks has to do with some recent content posted by Stephen (evilone) or myself.

4) At least one task doesn't require you to send me a message to let me know you've completed it; I'll just know.

5) Sometimes just noticing things can be an accomplishment.

Good Luck to everyone! If these clues prove too difficult, I'll provide some more later.

Note: Stephen Buonocore (evilone) is automatically disqualified from this contest since he operates Stronghold Games with me. Sorry Stephen!

Edit: Okay, I'll accept up to TWO messages per person if you MUST. This is because if I reveal more clues, you might find that there are more tasks you can accomplish, and I want to give you that chance. No more than two, please, so save that last one until you need it (but also don't forget that the contest ends when we owe 60gg to various geeks!

Edit: Folks, this contest is ending May 5th at noon, so get your final tasks/messages in! There's still Geekgold to be won, so scroll down and get the rest of the clues.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Buonocore
United States
Somerset
NJ
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Stronghold Games - "Something Strange Going On..." Contest! Win GG!
otrex wrote:
Note: Stephen Buonocore (evilone) is automatically disqualified from this contest since he operates Stronghold Games with me. Sorry Stephen!

What?! I demand justice!

Have fun everyone!

Thanks,
Stephen M. Buonocore
Managing Director
Stronghold Games
www.Stronghold-Games.com
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marshall Miller
United States
Malden
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
The Warren is a roleplaying game about intelligent rabbits trying to make the best of a world filled with hazards, predators and, worst of all, other rabbits.
badge
Marshall is a Boston-based researcher and game designer.
mbmbmbmbmb
This is a great idea for a contest! By the way, cool games aside, I really like your website.

[Edit] Is there a Stronhold Games microbadge yet?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Nesbitt
Canada
Ajax
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Added a note in the original posting upping the limits on messages to two. See the above post for explanation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gunther Schmidl
Austria
Linz
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
I am Stephen Buonocore, and so's my wife.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Buonocore
United States
Somerset
NJ
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mease19 wrote:
Is there a Stronghold Games microbadge yet?

Why, yes! Here it is, created by Jason Spears:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/microbadge/15607

Thanks,
Stephen M. Buonocore
Managing Director
Stronghold Games
www.Stronghold-Games.com

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Buonocore
United States
Somerset
NJ
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
gschmidl wrote:
I am Stephen Buonocore, and so's my wife.

You don't want to be Stephen Buonocore, and you certainly don't want your wife to be Stephen Buonocore! If either of you were, you too would be ineligible for the contest!

Go enter the contest... and have your wife enter too!

Thanks,
Stephen M. Buonocore
Managing Director
Stronghold Games
www.Stronghold-Games.com

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Nesbitt
Canada
Ajax
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Folks, a couple more hints!

Note that these are to be considered along with all the other hints I gave at the start of the contest, and not all the tasks that win GG are covered by these or the other hints, except for hints #1 & #2 which apply to all of them.

6) Professional baseball teams couldn't last without these, and neither can fledgling games companies.

7) Sometimes the smallest of things can lead to big rewards.

8) The Spring is definitely a time to make needed improvements, like finally putting on that new addition to your house.

Hope that helps! Remember, I didn't cover all the things you can do with these hints, so be creative! These just refer to a couple of them (refer back to the original hints too).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Nesbitt
Canada
Ajax
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I can confirm that we have had one/some winner(s) in this contest already! Remember though, there are quite a few ways to win, and I won't be paying any winners until 60gg is due to be awarded or 10 days have expired!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Nesbitt
Canada
Ajax
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
More clues! This contest is still going and we have some GG left to be given out.

I'm going to make the clues a little bit easier as we go forward

9) Recent Stronghold-posted photos reveal some important changes.

10) Think small.... really small.

11) On a hot day, it's sure good to relax in front of one of these.

Hope this helps you win some GG!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Nesbitt
Canada
Ajax
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay folks, on May 5th, this contest will close. However, you still have time to get your tasks/messages in to me for a geekgold reward!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Nesbitt
Canada
Ajax
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: CONTEST ENDS SOON! Stronghold Games - "Something Strange Going On..." Contest! Win GG!
Thanks for playing everyone! The contest is now closed and we will be awarding all the GG before Friday.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Nesbitt
Canada
Ajax
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Of course, the ANSWERS! How could I forget?

There were several ways to score some GG in this contest. Our contest winners (and there were several of them) found the following solutions:

1) Become a "fan" of Stronghold Games here on BGG

2) Purchase a Stronghold Games Microbadge

3) Notice that Stronghold's version of Code 777 now plays with 5 players.

4) Notice that Robert Abbott's Confusion: Espionage and Deception in the Cold War has been rethemed to the Cold War.

Congratulations to everyone that played and won, and we look forward to running some more contests for you in the future.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.