Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ron Lacer
United States
Cobalt
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've never been involved in a math trade and there is something about the OLWLG that confuses me. Say I have listed 10 games in the math trade and have added Game X to my want list on the OLWLG. If I check all 10 of my offered games, am I saying (A) I would be willing to trade any one of my games for Game X, or (B) I am willing to trade all 10 of my games away just for one game, Game X?

If it's (B), and I am willing to trade more than one of my offered games, but only as a one-for-one trade, for Game X, do I have to make a 'dummy' listing or what?

thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Beau Bailey
United States
Missoula
Montana
flag msg tools
Why don't you believe me?
badge
Seriously, I'm a weasel.
mb
rocksnrolls wrote:
(A) I would be willing to trade any one of my games for Game X,

This is correct. There is no way to combine separate entries together in order to trade for another game. That is why you see the bundles of games in the trade as that is the only way to trade a few games for a single other game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russell Martin
United Kingdom
Liverpool
Merseyside
flag msg tools
Sanctify!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's option (A).

Math trades are all about (geeklist) 'items'. If I have a list of ten items and I add them all to my want list for another item X that someone has offered, this means that I'm willing to trade any single item (of those ten) that I have listed in return for receiving item X.

On the other hand any single (geeklist) item might consist of one game (which is usually the case), several games (by listing one as the main geeklist item, and the others as 'sweeteners' in the same geeklist item), or can (depending upon the rules of the math trade) consist of something like 'Pick X out of Y games from this list provided'.

If you want to trade all ten games for a single game X, then you list all ten games in one geeklist item entry, and then pick that single item on the want list for game X.

Hope this helps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron Lacer
United States
Cobalt
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the answers!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.