Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
corey bowman
United States
Carpentersville
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
At what point in the impulse is the charge test taken? when i decide that is my plan, when im in the hex or next to the hex? i cant figure out when.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Bourgeois
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
coreyb wrote:
At what point in the impulse is the charge test taken? when i decide that is my plan, when im in the hex or next to the hex? i cant figure out when.

The reaction test is taken prior to you moving into the same hex as whatever it is that you're charging. In the minis rules it's prior to you moving within 4 inches of the target. (I believe) Either way it's when you decide to attack the target in melee. You test the reaction "Wanting to Charge" and follow the results. Remember Stars can choose their reaction based on the passing 0, 1 or 2d6. (Grunts live and die with the roll)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
corey bowman
United States
Carpentersville
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
so to be clear i would first move next to the zombie, then take the charge test and if i pass i can enter the hex?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Poole
United States
Goldsboro
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Udu Wudu
badge
Udu Wudu
mbmbmbmbmb
I have seen other threads where it is stated that the "wanting to charge test" is declared and taken before you actually move.

This is supported by the fact that it states in the rules that you must be able to reach the target hex and you can combine this action with the the fast move attempt action.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C, Arnold III
United States
Roswell
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ok if i decide to charge and roll and get a shoot instead result. after the action can i still move?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
coreyb wrote:

At any point during movement, like other actions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
timeroler wrote:
ok if i decide to charge and roll and get a shoot instead result. after the action can i still move?

Nope. The Wanting to Charge Test determines the rest of the survivor's activation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.