Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike K
United States
Fairless Hills
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Seriously, this ride looks awesome:

Once (a long time ago) I got on a ride called 'Energy Storm 3'. It was a similar ride, but more compact and not nearly run as long.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Key Locks
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Rides like this where you go around and around in a circle aren't my cup of tea. I much prefer roller coasters. But kudos to them for the wicked techno music and light show.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mystery McMysteryface
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
gulp
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon
United States
Edmond
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
admin
Convention Committee
badge
BGG.CON! BGG.CON SPRING! BGG@SEA!
mbmbmbmbmb
I gulp from just watching that. No, thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morgan Dontanville
United States
Charlottesville
VA
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Plate of Shrimp.
badge
Here we are folks, the dream we all dream of.
mbmbmbmbmb
The great thing about chucking on those rides is that everyone gets it.

The music alone would make me want to get off.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rudy
United States
No too far from Philly
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
...but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind,
badge
...and reaching forth unto those things which are before,...
mbmbmb
Take away the annoying music and you have yourself a ticket sold over here. I love to watch people's expresions and laugh on these types of rides.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Pierce
United States
Tangent
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A few years ago I talked my wife (girlfriend at the time) into going on that ride at a local fair. It was outside and didn't have the lights or music, but it was the same machine. I didn't know it was going to turn us upside down when we got on.

When the ride was done, my wife wanted to kill me.

I wanted to go again
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Holzman
United States
Seffner
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
As grey traces of dawn tinge the eastern sky, the three travellers, men of Willowdale, emerge from the forest's shadow. Fording the river, they turn south, journeying into the dark and forbidding lands of The Necromancer...
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, during the portion of the ride when the cars are rotating in the vertical plane, the riders get the chance to experience what it is like to travel along a cycloid and when the cars are rotating parallel to the ground (upright or inverted), they are traveling the path of an epicycloid. That looks like wicked fun to me.

I work in the theme park ride business, but the company specializes in what are known as "dark rides" (ride vehicles travel along a track in a dark building with 3D films and theme equipment). The most famous example is the Spiderman attraction at Universal Islands of Adventure in Orlando. Here is an example of what we have done in the recent past...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mb
My mother took me on a ride like that when I was 5. She told me it was a merry-go-round. I didn't want to ride it but she forced me to.
I haven't been able to ever ride anything that gets close to turning you upside down since. I'm terrified of rides like that to this day.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CHAPEL
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"that's a smith and wesson, and you've had your six"
mbmbmbmbmb
I've ridden this one(called Energy Storm in the US) at the kemah boardwalk outside of Houston, or the Texas State fair, can't remember with. It's a fun one, rode it a few times. It definitely an evolution of the spider/octopus rides. I doesn't beat the Power Surge though, IMHO. I love carny rides! Sadly, the US can't compare with the selection of them in Europe.

Here is one I love to try someday:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
King of the Dead
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd be way more inclined ( pun ) to do those rides than roller coasters.

I just think it's strange that we like to ride these things at all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike K
United States
Fairless Hills
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MWChapel wrote:
I've ridden this one(called Energy Storm in the US) at the kemah boardwalk outside of Houston, or the Texas State fair, can't remember with. It's a fun one, rode it a few times. It definitely an evolution of the spider/octopus rides. I doesn't beat the Power Surge though, IMHO. I love carny rides! Sadly, the US can't compare with the selection of them in Europe.

I've been on the Power Surge. It's OK, but I prefer the Tango (with it's more regular motion, over the randomness of your pick). I've done the Evolution (and didn't even need to get a Pearl Jam CD to do so) ... or at least the 'slower' one; there are 2 versions around of the ride.

And yes, Europe's selection beats the crud out of what the US has in terms of flat rides.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.