Popular Tags: [View All]
Peter Brichs
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey all.

I've been wanting to do some custom boards for this game for a while. Now I'm going to do something about it.

I can't decide if I want to do "just" more L-boards, or some boards that would be as an extra border around the existing L-boards.

Now I just need some ideas for buildings. I already have some ideas:

The old Widowcrest Asylum (mentioned in Becky's desciption on the Flying Frog Wiki)
A residential area. These people need to live someplace, right?
Maybe a sports-area. Basketballcourt, batting cages, an indoor swimming pool, tennis court and the like.

But I need more ideas, if I'm going to add a new layer all across the board.

I also need ideas for areas like the cornfield: Areas in which there's special rules.
I'm thinking that for the swimming pool, zombies cannot exit once they're in it, but the heroes must subtract two from their movement, and can be pulled in by the zombies (think Zombie Hunger, but the other way around)

So...please help me with some ideas.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel
Germany
Bremen
flag msg tools
Ash nazg durbatulûk
badge
#YOLO!
mbmbmbmbmb
Interesting...

Think of graveyards, where Zombies may "spawn" underneath the heroes and attack immediately or the next round, or try to pull the heroes into the soil.

Or some road-section.

etc. ...the possibilities are endless.zombie
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thibault Bloch
France
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
So are the zombie hordes.zombie
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roman F
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Love the idea. Maps are one thing I think fans can create because I think they can be integrated fairly seamlessly. I love the idea of new characters but what figures do you use?

As far as buildings, there already is a graveyard, appropriately located near the church. I think the sports area is sort of covered by the Gym but not exactly.

Here are some other ideas:

- Town Hall
- Tavern
- Arcade
- Community Swimming Pool
- Bowling Alley

Good luck!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kevin troup
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
i have created a small forest board were heroes and zombies must roll a 4+ to attack, ( there a pic in the LNOE pics)

but some other places are
-fire station
-a mall(but that should be at least a center square, if not bigger)
-an army base (again center square)
-more houses
-apt building
-golf course
-comic book store
-a hardware store(get barricades there)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♫ Eric Herman ♫
United States
West Richland
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I like elephants. I like how they swing through trees.
mbmbmbmbmb
I love the idea for a hardware store with "barricades" as a Pick Up. I would also like more places with things like the Cornfield, where there is some game effect provided from the area, not just a Pick Up. But every building should at least have a Pick Up... I sometimes draw a new side board if I've drawn the High School/Gym side, because there's nothing to gain from those buildings. Now, that being said, I don't find the Pick Ups to get used that often... but still, it's good that they're there when you might want to grab a flare gun or first aid kit or whatever. So I'd rather see buildings and places with special abilities that aren't just Pick Ups.

If anything, I'd be up for some new center square ideas.

Sorry I don't have any specific ideas at the moment, but I'll try to think of some things. Whatever you end up doing, please post the graphics here, eh?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Brichs
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
thanks for the ideas. I think they all sound like great fun. Instead of replying a bunch of times, I'll just reply once, and quote the appropiate quotes...

Engoduun wrote:

Think of graveyards, where Zombies may "spawn" underneath the heroes and attack immediately or the next round, or try to pull the heroes into the soil.

Or some road-section.

I like the idea of a graveyard, unfortunately, there's already a graveyard in the game, and I'd rather not just copt the idead from the game.

A road section could be good...I'm thinking an L-board with a piece of a highway or something.

Roman Farraday wrote:
I love the idea of new characters but what figures do you use?

I don't think I emntioned new characters. Although, I have thought of making characters based off famous fictionary characters, that'd fit in. Sam & Dean from Supernatural, for instance. As for mini's, there's plenty of people selling mini's for many other uses, you could easily use some of these.

troupkevin wrote:
i have created a small forest board were heroes and zombies must roll a 4+ to attack, ( there a pic in the LNOE pics)

can you post it in the file section for download? Perhaps as a pdf? *smiles with big doe eyes*

troupkevin wrote:

-a mall(but that should be at least a center square, if not bigger)
-an army base (again center square)

I love the idea of new center squares. That should be doable.
I have also been thinking about doing a complete remake as a mall - with a new center square and L-boards, all forming a mall...

Grudunza wrote:
I would also like more places with things like the Cornfield, where there is some game effect provided from the area, not just a Pick Up. (...) So I'd rather see buildings and places with special abilities that aren't just Pick Ups.

Yeah, me too. That's one thing i'm completely sure that I'll do.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kevin troup
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/image/663345/last-night-on-eart...

this should be it
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel
Germany
Bremen
flag msg tools
Ash nazg durbatulûk
badge
#YOLO!
mbmbmbmbmb
Brichs wrote:
thanks for the ideas. I think they all sound like great fun. Instead of replying a bunch of times, I'll just reply once, and quote the appropiate quotes...

Engoduun wrote:

Or some road-section.

I like the idea of a graveyard, unfortunately, there's already a graveyard in the game, and I'd rather not just copt the idead from the game.

A road section could be good...I'm thinking an L-board with a piece of a highway or something.

I was thinking of a BIG graveyard, like in the center of the town, with extra rules.

And yes, a road could be cool.. hmm... gotta do that some time... hehehe...zombie
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Brichs
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

so... a mockup of the first version of a military base center board. The entire thing has a thick outline, representing the chainlink fence around the base.
Also, I'm thinking the buildings should be a mess hall and sleeping quarters.

Any ideas for pickups?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roman F
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If pickups are so key, maybe we work backwards: What items would you like to pick up? Then we could devise buildings for it.

Where might you pick up Dynamite? A mine shaft perhaps?

Could pick up a Circular Saw in a Wood Shop.

Where might you pick up a Monkey Wrench?

Was going to suggest an outdoor garden or something for Garden Shears or Hedge Trimmer, but when would you ever drop Garden Shears or Hedge Trimmer?

Here are some pickups for buildings already mentioned:

Mess Hall - Recovery (you eat some food and feel better)
Tavern - Recovery (you imbibe some booze and feel better)
Fire Station - Fire Axe (duh). Love this one.
Batting Cages - Hmmm, I can't think of anything...
Hardware Store - Crowbar (or barricades, I guess)
Road - Jumper Cables
If there's a house, maybe it has an outdoor storage with a Shovel.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony La Morte
United States
Chippewa Lake
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi All,

If you are looking for something else big, unlike the Mall, which is still way cool!

How about a park with play ground. Hedge rows and swing sets, (possible weapon?) possibly with a public pool could be an obstacle. Also other Park like stuff, picnic tables, and fenced in sections. how about a merry-go-round, and teeter todders, another possible weapon.

Another large section could be the part of town where people live, row houses perhaps. You could make that as big as you like and have a road going thru it. Maybe add a railroad crossing too, with crossing gates, again, more obstacles.

Take a drive through some small old local town and take notes!!!

I will be doing some of these myself.

My Best,
Tony
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kevin troup
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
something cool i thought about when reading about the park idea was to have a hedge maze as part of the park. maybe with the ability to hide in the maze!!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cody ZombieKiller
msg tools
new here. been reading for a while. playing for a month on the base game and GH and more to come on payday lol.

how about a "[" shaped piece to cover the entire right or left side. essentially, 2 L pieces together. The main stretch would be abandoned highway with a broken down semi trailer or something capable of random building rolls and searching. on the other end would be a service station and 7-11 or similar corner store. and the other end would be highway patrol or jeb's truck stop or something like that?

also ive been searching for a while on here. looking for some tutorials or material lists for making new board pieces (map pieces, character plaques, and little pieces like the spawn pits and gas markers)

thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Hodson
msg tools
i love the mall idea with a bunch of different stores and a food court and clothes store and on a game type i saw a guy figured out the whole idea of an upper level so that would be cool! if you ever get something going have a how to make or at least some pictures!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Taylor
United States
Venice
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
chinesewaterbaby wrote:
i love the mall idea with a bunch of different stores and a food court and clothes store and on a game type i saw a guy figured out the whole idea of an upper level so that would be cool! if you ever get something going have a how to make or at least some pictures!

http://www.witchmastercreations.com/?p=76

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.